La Compagnie’s Brand-New All-Business A321neo Enters Service Early
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
La Compagnie, the all-business-class airline that shuttles passengers between Newark (EWR) and France, took delivery of its first Airbus A321neo on Thursday. The plane was originally slated to enter service June 6, but already took to the skies for its first passenger flight.
The plane — registered F-HBUZ — is the first of two A321neo aircraft joining La Compagnie’s fleet and the first to be operated by any French carrier. This is also La Compagnie’s first jet to have fully lie-flat seats, a massive upgrade over the outdated angle-flat seats featured on its Boeing 757s.
The new cabin uses Collins Aerospace (formerly known as B/E Aerospace) Diamond seats arranged in a 2-2 configuration across 19 rows. These are the same seats you’ll find in business class on American Airlines’ A321T and most long-haul United planes that don’t feature the new Polaris seats.
Every seat features 15.7″ touchscreen entertainment and universal power outlets. The plane is also equipped with unlimited high-speed Wi-Fi courtesy of Viasat.
The plane is currently enroute from Paris (ORY) to Newark (EWR).
If you’re looking to fly on the plane’s first flight out of the US, there are seats available for its 7:00pm departure out of Newark tonight for $3,500 one-way or about $4,000 round-trip. Unfortunately, there aren’t many ways to book award flights using miles as the airline isn’t a part of an alliance or a transfer partner of any of the major points program.
If you don’t have to be on the inaugural, you should be able to find much more reasonable fares. For instance, we’re seeing fares for $1,300 round-trip between EWR and ORY most days in September. The airline also has somewhat frequent sales with fares as low as $998 round-trip.
For now, you’ll find the new plane on the 7:00pm departure out of Newark (EWR) — flight B0 101 — and the 10:30am return from Paris (ORY) — flight B0 100. The airline recently introduced seasonal service to Nice (NCE), but those flights will be operated by the 757-200s. Stay tuned for a full TPG review, coming soon!
Featured rendering of Airbus A321neo courtesy of La Compagnie.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees