This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
La Compagnie, the all-business-class airline that offers angle-flat seats on flights between Paris (CDG) and Newark (EWR), is opting to go fully lie-flat with its new A321neo jets. On Thursday, the French carrier announced that it placed an order for two A321neo aircraft, which it expects to take delivery of in 2019.
Currently, La Compagnie’s fleet consists of two retrofitted Boeing 757-200s with 74 seats. The Paris-based airline, now three years old, did not say whether the A321s will be in addition to, or taking the place of, the 757s.
The A321neo aircraft will feature lie-flat seats, a sure upgrade over its current hard product. In addition, the new aircraft will feature Wi-Fi and other “latest technologies.”
The airline said in a tweet that it’s still deciding on the manufacturer for the new seats. It also said that although it doesn’t have anything planned at this time, it’s evaluating its options for opening new routes.
In December 2016, La Compagnie announced that it was merging with low-cost and all-economy-class carrier XL Airways. At the time of the merger, there was speculation about the financial future of La Compagnie, as the all-business-class model hadn’t worked in the past and the carrier appeared to be losing profits. For example, it suspended its Newark (EWR) to London Luton Airport (LTN) service in September 2016 with little notice.
La Compagnie is known for offering competitive fares on its business-class product across the Atlantic. With this announcement, the carrier said it’ll continue to offer the “most attractive fares on the market” with its new A321neos and lie-flat seats.
TPG flew with La Compagnie in 2015 and found it to be a perfectly comfortable product. One of his only complaints — aside from the slow service — was the fact that the seats were angle-flat and not lie-flat. By adding these A321neo aircraft to its fleet with lie-flat seats, La Compagnie is improving its product offering for the future.
Featured image by Airbus.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees