All-Business-Class La Compagnie Orders Two A321neo Aircraft With Lie-Flat Seats
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
La Compagnie, the all-business-class airline that offers angle-flat seats on flights between Paris (CDG) and Newark (EWR), is opting to go fully lie-flat with its new A321neo jets. On Thursday, the French carrier announced that it placed an order for two A321neo aircraft, which it expects to take delivery of in 2019.
Currently, La Compagnie’s fleet consists of two retrofitted Boeing 757-200s with 74 seats. The Paris-based airline, now three years old, did not say whether the A321s will be in addition to, or taking the place of, the 757s.
The A321neo aircraft will feature lie-flat seats, a sure upgrade over its current hard product. In addition, the new aircraft will feature Wi-Fi and other “latest technologies.”
The airline said in a tweet that it’s still deciding on the manufacturer for the new seats. It also said that although it doesn’t have anything planned at this time, it’s evaluating its options for opening new routes.
In December 2016, La Compagnie announced that it was merging with low-cost and all-economy-class carrier XL Airways. At the time of the merger, there was speculation about the financial future of La Compagnie, as the all-business-class model hadn’t worked in the past and the carrier appeared to be losing profits. For example, it suspended its Newark (EWR) to London Luton Airport (LTN) service in September 2016 with little notice.
La Compagnie is known for offering competitive fares on its business-class product across the Atlantic. With this announcement, the carrier said it’ll continue to offer the “most attractive fares on the market” with its new A321neos and lie-flat seats.
TPG flew with La Compagnie in 2015 and found it to be a perfectly comfortable product. One of his only complaints — aside from the slow service — was the fact that the seats were angle-flat and not lie-flat. By adding these A321neo aircraft to its fleet with lie-flat seats, La Compagnie is improving its product offering for the future.
Featured image by Airbus.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees