JSX expands partnership with United, earn MileagePlus miles when you fly semiprivate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, semiprivate jet company JSX announced a partnership with United Airlines‘ flight school, Aviate, to offer students new career opportunities. Now, we’re seeing the first passenger-facing benefits of that latest relationship, in the form of reciprocal mileage earning.
As of today, June 2, you can earn United MileagePlus award miles when flying JSX. You’ll earn anywhere from 50% to 100% of the miles flown, depending on the fare class you book. Plus, to celebrate the expanded partnership, JSX and United are offering a limited-time bonus worth up to an additional 11 times the miles flown, depending on your status with the MileagePlus program.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
For the uninitiated, JSX operates as a hybrid between a commercial airline and a private jet charter service. It offers flights on 30-seat regional jets out of private jet terminals, allowing you to arrive at the airport just 20 minutes before your flight and skip crowded terminals and security lines. The company is based in Texas and primarily serves the West Coast but recently expanded to New York and South Florida.
Unlike United’s own flights, JSX flights earn miles based on fare class and distance flown.
- Fare classes Y, B, E, M, V, S, D and T earn 100% of the miles flown.
- Fare classes W, G and Q earn 75% of the miles flown.
- Fare classes N, H and P earn 50% of the miles flown.
As mentioned, through Aug. 31, 2022, you will earn a mileage multiplier, depending on your status within the MileagePlus program. There’s no registration required for this promotion. Although the terms make it sound like this is only a one-time bonus, JSX confirmed to TPG that it can be earned multiple times.
- General members: 5x miles.
- Premier Silver: 7x miles.
- Premier Gold: 8x miles.
- Premier Platinum: 9x miles.
- Premier 1K: 11x miles.
Unfortunately, you’ll only earn redeemable award miles on JSX flights. The terms and conditions explicitly state that miles earned through JSX will not count toward qualification for Premier status. As of now, there also isn’t a way to redeem United miles for JSX flights.
Additionally, it’s worth pointing out that this partnership has no effect on JSX’s tie-up with JetBlue Airways. If you prefer to earn JetBlue TrueBlue points, you’ll continue to be able to earn a flat 150 points on JSX “Hop-On “fares and 250 points on “All-In” fares.
It’s exciting to see a new mileage-earning opportunity for JSX flights. Previously, the only program you could credit flights to was JetBlue TrueBlue. Although details are scant, JSX and United are teasing “more cooperation to be announced later this year.” Perhaps we could see a codeshare agreement or the ability to redeem United miles for JSX flights.
In an interview with JSX’s co-founder and CEO Alex Wilcox last year, it was revealed to TPG that the company has plans to eventually launch its own loyalty program. However, there have been no further developments on that front yet.
Featured photo by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees