JSX adds 2 new destinations, including its first foray into Florida
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Semi-private jet company JSX is on a roll.
Just weeks after announcing new flights to cities like Cabo San Lucas (SJD) and Lajitas/Big Bend (T89), JSX is back with more route additions. The company announced on Tuesday that it will soon launch service to Destin, Florida, and San Diego. This will be the first time JSX offers flights to the Sunshine State.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
JSX will fly to Destin Executive Airport (DTS) three times a week from both Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Houston Hobby (HOU). The flights will operate Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday and will be offered from April 22 through June 30.
The San Diego (SAN) flights will be available to/from Las Vegas (LAS). Flights will operate twice daily on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday, and once on Saturday. This route will launch on April 9, and unlike the new Florida flights, is slated to operate year-round.
Related: Tips for visiting Destin, Florida
This expansion comes as airlines shift from business- to leisure-focused routes, many of which touch the Florida panhandle. JSX’s CEO Alex Wilcox hinted at new routes, including expansion to the East Coast in a recent interview with TPG.
All of the new flights announced today will be operated by the carrier’s 1—2-configured E135 and E145 aircraft. While they’re not quite as private as JSX’s newer 1—1-configured planes, they’re still much more spacious than similar planes on other airlines, offering 36 inches of legroom and power outlets in each row. As with other JSX flights, they will operate from private terminals, cutting out the crowded airport experience.
The new flights are already available for booking. Fares start at $149 each way for the Florida flights and $99 each way for the San Diego flights, though you might be able to save on your booking via Amex Offers. All fares come with at least two free checked bags, including golf bags — perfect for these new routes.
While JSX doesn’t have its own loyalty program yet, you can credit your flights to JetBlue TrueBlue. You’ll earn a flat 150 TrueBlue points on JSX “Hop-On “fares and 250 TrueBlue points on “All-In” fares — worth about $1.95 and $3.25, respectively, according to TPG valuations.
“As travel restrictions diminish, more than ever, travelers are seeking safe and efficient point-to-point travel options for both business and leisure,” Alex Wilcox, JSX’s CEO, said in a statement announcing the new routes. “Our distinctive form of flying allows us to quickly pivot to serve destinations people want to fly to while eliminating the hassles and headaches associated with congested airports, irksome middle seats, and long TSA lines.”
Featured photo courtesy of JSX.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees