Fly (almost) private for $100 round-trip with this Amex Offer
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Flying on JSX is as close to flying private as you can get while paying commercial fares. Flights start at $89 one-way and depart from private jet terminals so you don’t have to deal with crowds of people or traditional airport security.
If you fly JSX often — or have been wanting to try it — we have good news for you. We’re seeing a great new Amex Offer where you can get up to 50% off your next booking. If you’re strategic with how you book, you can fly the semiprivate carrier for $100 round-trip if you have this offer available on one of your Amex cards.
Here’s what you need to know.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
For the uninitiated, JSX describes itself as a hop-on jet service where you can show up as little as 20 minutes before your flight. Behind the hype is a straightforward proposition: You’re buying a seat on a semi-private public charter.
Flights depart from private terminals, cutting out the crowded airport experience. Onboard, you can expect a spacious cabin and complimentary snacks and drinks. COVID precautions include increased aircraft and lounge sterilization, advanced air circulation, AI-based thermal scanning to detect elevated body temperatures and contactless security that doesn’t require taking off your shoes or putting your laptop in a bin.
All planes have just 30 seats. Most are arranged in a 1-2 configuration, with 36 inches of legroom and power outlets in each row. The only exception is JSX’s E145s that fly intra-Texas. These planes feature an even more spacious 1-1 configuration.
Plus, none of the jets have overhead bins, giving you more headroom.
For now, routes are centered around the West Coast and Texas, between airports like Burbank (BUR), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Oakland (OAK), Salt Lake City (SLC), Las Vegas (LAS) and Houston Hobby (HOU). However, as the company’s CEO announced in an interview with TPG earlier this week, it’s launching limited-time flights from California and Texas to Cabo San Lucas (SJD) and has more route announcements in the pipeline.
JSX Amex Offer
Now through May 12, 2021, targeted American Express cardholders can get a $100 statement credit after spending $200 or more in a single transaction with JSX using an enrolled card. This is the date you must make the purchase by, not travel by. To get the credit, book your flights on JSX’s website or mobile app.
As an example, you could use this offer to book a $218 round-trip flight from Burbank (BUR) to Las Vegas (LAS) and reduce your out-of-pocket cost to just $118. That’s a roughly 46% discount. And if this is your first time flying JSX, you could save an additional $20 by using a friend’s referral link.
To check and see if you’re among the lucky ones to be targeted for this offer, log into your American Express account and check the Amex Offers section. Make sure to check all of your cards before clicking ‘Add to Card’ on one of them, as you’ll want to select the one that offers the best return on spending. While JSX bookings might not code as airfare, if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, it will likely be your best bet as it provides trip insurance.
Flying out of a private terminal is always a nice perk, but it’s more important now than ever. If targeted for this offer, you should add it right away since these tend to have limited enrollment and may disappear before the expiration date.
If you end up booking a flight, be sure to include your JetBlue TrueBlue number in your booking so that you can earn points for your flight.
Don’t have an American Express card? Consider applying for one of these cards that’s offering a higher than usual welcome bonus. This also ensures you never miss out on another Amex Offer.
- The Platinum Card from American Express: Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the card in the first six months of card membership. Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the card at restaurants worldwide and when you “Shop Small” in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during the first six months of card membership.
- American Express Business® Gold Card: Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases in the first three months of account opening.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Earn 130,000 Hilton bonus points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 8/25/2021.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Earn 100,000 points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn up to $100 in statement credits on eligible purchases made on the Card at any of the Hilton family of hotels in the first 12 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/25/2021.Terms apply.
Featured image courtesy of JSX.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees