Fly (almost) private for $100 round-trip with this Amex Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying on JSX is as close to flying private as you can get while paying commercial fares. Flights start at $89 one-way and depart from private jet terminals so you don’t have to deal with crowds of people or traditional airport security.
If you fly JSX often — or have been wanting to try it — we have good news for you. We’re seeing a great new Amex Offer where you can get up to 50% off your next booking. If you’re strategic with how you book, you can fly the semiprivate carrier for $100 round-trip if you have this offer available on one of your Amex cards.
Here’s what you need to know.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
For the uninitiated, JSX describes itself as a hop-on jet service where you can show up as little as 20 minutes before your flight. Behind the hype is a straightforward proposition: You’re buying a seat on a semi-private public charter.
Flights depart from private terminals, cutting out the crowded airport experience. Onboard, you can expect a spacious cabin and complimentary snacks and drinks. COVID precautions include increased aircraft and lounge sterilization, advanced air circulation, AI-based thermal scanning to detect elevated body temperatures and contactless security that doesn’t require taking off your shoes or putting your laptop in a bin.
All planes have just 30 seats. Most are arranged in a 1-2 configuration, with 36 inches of legroom and power outlets in each row. The only exception is JSX’s E145s that fly intra-Texas. These planes feature an even more spacious 1-1 configuration.
Plus, none of the jets have overhead bins, giving you more headroom.
For now, routes are centered around the West Coast and Texas, between airports like Burbank (BUR), Dallas Love Field (DAL), Oakland (OAK), Salt Lake City (SLC), Las Vegas (LAS) and Houston Hobby (HOU). However, as the company’s CEO announced in an interview with TPG earlier this week, it’s launching limited-time flights from California and Texas to Cabo San Lucas (SJD) and has more route announcements in the pipeline.
JSX Amex Offer
Now through May 12, 2021, targeted American Express cardholders can get a $100 statement credit after spending $200 or more in a single transaction with JSX using an enrolled card. This is the date you must make the purchase by, not travel by. To get the credit, book your flights on JSX’s website or mobile app.
As an example, you could use this offer to book a $218 round-trip flight from Burbank (BUR) to Las Vegas (LAS) and reduce your out-of-pocket cost to just $118. That’s a roughly 46% discount. And if this is your first time flying JSX, you could save an additional $20 by using a friend’s referral link.
To check and see if you’re among the lucky ones to be targeted for this offer, log into your American Express account and check the Amex Offers section. Make sure to check all of your cards before clicking ‘Add to Card’ on one of them, as you’ll want to select the one that offers the best return on spending. While JSX bookings might not code as airfare, if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, it will likely be your best bet as it provides trip insurance.
Flying out of a private terminal is always a nice perk, but it’s more important now than ever. If targeted for this offer, you should add it right away since these tend to have limited enrollment and may disappear before the expiration date.
If you end up booking a flight, be sure to include your JetBlue TrueBlue number in your booking so that you can earn points for your flight.
Don’t have an American Express card? Consider applying for one of these cards that’s offering a higher than usual welcome bonus. This also ensures you never miss out on another Amex Offer.
- The Platinum Card from American Express: Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in the first 6 months of account opening. Plus, earn 10x on eligible purchases made at U.S. gas stations and U.S. supermarkets, up to $15,000 in combined eligible spending during the first 6 months of card membership. Terms apply.
- American Express Business® Gold Card: Limited time offer: Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases in the first three months of account opening. Offer ends 4/7/21.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months of account opening. Terms apply.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Earn 80,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months of account opening.
Featured image courtesy of JSX.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.