London’s calling: JetBlue’s inaugural flight to Europe takes off tonight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s really happening! While some travelers had their doubts over whether JetBlue’s nonstop service between New York-JFK and London Heathrow would launch on schedule, given the uncertainty around U.K. travel, the country is officially open to vaccinated Americans, and JetBlue’s A321LR will indeed cross the Atlantic as planned.
I’ll be experiencing the airline’s “Core” economy product on tonight’s flight, and while I’d normally prefer to confirm a lie-flat seat for a short transatlantic redeye, I’m actually excited about JetBlue’s new London-bound coach, given the fantastic meals we’re expecting onboard.
Business-class flyers, meanwhile, will travel in JetBlue’s latest Mint suite — or, if they’re extra lucky, one of the two Mint Studios. The experience should be comparable to what JetBlue’s offering on its domestic Mint-equipped Airbus A321neo, but with a significantly larger business cabin.
JetBlue Flight 7 is scheduled to depart JFK at 9:48 p.m. ET tonight, arriving at London Heathrow (LHR) at 10:10 a.m. local time Thursday morning. The flight operates daily for the rest of this month, before moving to four days a week in September. It’s expected to return to daily in October, depending on demand.
Round-trip economy fares currently start at just under $600, while Mint business class is priced just under $2,000 round-trip on most dates. Other carriers have matched JetBlue’s transatlantic pricing for now, but it remains to be seen whether or not that’ll last.
Photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees