London’s calling: JetBlue’s inaugural flight to Europe takes off tonight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s really happening! While some travelers had their doubts over whether JetBlue’s nonstop service between New York-JFK and London Heathrow would launch on schedule, given the uncertainty around U.K. travel, the country is officially open to vaccinated Americans, and JetBlue’s A321LR will indeed cross the Atlantic as planned.
I’ll be experiencing the airline’s “Core” economy product on tonight’s flight, and while I’d normally prefer to confirm a lie-flat seat for a short transatlantic redeye, I’m actually excited about JetBlue’s new London-bound coach, given the fantastic meals we’re expecting onboard.
Business-class flyers, meanwhile, will travel in JetBlue’s latest Mint suite — or, if they’re extra lucky, one of the two Mint Studios. The experience should be comparable to what JetBlue’s offering on its domestic Mint-equipped Airbus A321neo, but with a significantly larger business cabin.
JetBlue Flight 7 is scheduled to depart JFK at 9:48 p.m. ET tonight, arriving at London Heathrow (LHR) at 10:10 a.m. local time Thursday morning. The flight operates daily for the rest of this month, before moving to four days a week in September. It’s expected to return to daily in October, depending on demand.
Round-trip economy fares currently start at just under $600, while Mint business class is priced just under $2,000 round-trip on most dates. Other carriers have matched JetBlue’s transatlantic pricing for now, but it remains to be seen whether or not that’ll last.
Photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.