Book amazing long-term rates with Hyatt’s ‘The Great Relocate’ package
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt has been offering several alternative-stay promotions, including day rentals and 5-plus night “Work from Hyatt” packages for much of the pandemic. This year, the chain added a longer-stay offering, called “The Great Relocate,” letting World of Hyatt members book stays of 29-plus nights at some pretty exceptional rates.
In total, there are 132 hotels participating around the world, in countries ranging from Algeria (the Hyatt Regency Algiers Airport) to Uzbekistan (Hyatt Regency Tashkent). None of the participating hotels are in North America, though there are a handful in Europe, including France, Germany and the UK.
For more TPG news, deals and points and miles tips delivered each morning to your inbox, subscribe to our daily newsletter!
Your options span all seven World of Hyatt categories — even some of the chain’s most aspirational brands are participating, including Park Hyatts in Paris and Zurich. Here’s how availability breaks down:
- Category 1: 34
- Category 2: 27
- Category 3: 23
- Category 4: 18
- Category 5: 13
- Category 6: 12
- Category 7: 5
Technically, stays can be booked by Dec. 3, 2021 for travel through Dec. 31, 2021, though availability varies depending on the hotel. For example, Hotel Martinez in Cannes, France, can be booked for just $177 per night for the entire month of June, but the package isn’t available at all in July or August.
In total, you’d pay just over $5,200 to spend the month of June at Hotel Martinez. That’s still a significant sum, of course, but this is a top-tier Hyatt hotel — you’d need 870,000 points, worth $14,790, to book the same 29-night stay as an award.
There are plenty of hotels with more affordable price tags, too. For example, the Hyatt Place Dubai Wasl District, a Category 1 hotel, can be had for just $35 per night — just under $1,350 for the entire month of June, after tax.
Stays are eligible to earn points and elite credit — with this year’s reduced qualification requirements, a 30-night stay would net you top-tier Hyatt Globalist through 2022!
Reservations booked as part of “The Great Relocate” package also include:
- Housekeeping twice a week
- Complimentary gym access
- Airport or train station pickup
- Up to three hours of complimentary board meeting room usage per month
- IT concierge to help smooth out any tech issues
- 25% off food & beverage
- 25% off laundry services
Additionally, stays of 60+ night are eligible for a one-room category upgrade, while 90+ nights could get you a double upgrade, depending on availability. All stays booked as part of this package require a deposit of 29 nights, charged after booking. Still, your booking is fairly low-risk, considering that you can cancel for free up to 72 hours prior to check-in.
If you’re traveling internationally to take advantage, I might recommend arriving up to four nights before your package is set to begin, so you can ensure that you’re able to enter the country. Worst case, you’ll still be within the cancellation period, so you can receive a full deposit refund.
Featured photo courtesy of the Hotel Martinez
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees