Hilton just announced a new way to redeem your points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Buckle up. A new way to redeem your Hilton points is right around the corner.
As of today, if you’re a Hilton Honors member, you can redeem your points on Lyft rides. It’s the latest development in the partnership between the two companies since it was announced in May.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
All you have to do is select a fixed amount of points you’d like to redeem in exchange for Lyft credits. Just note that they have to be in increments ranging from $10 to $100.
The in-app functionality will let you request a Lyft ride within the Hilton app itself during your hotel stay. Your hotel location will automatically populate as the pick-up location, too. In addition, you can redeem your points for Lyft credits and gift them to friends or family this holiday season.
Here’s the thing, though. You shouldn’t do it. We talk a lot around here how your points and miles are worth value, and in this case, you’d only be getting 0.2 cents per point. That’s a big contrast to the 0.6 cents that we value Hilton points for.
Translation: You’d be getting so much more value out of your Hilton points by using them on actual hotel stays. Yes, no matter how many of them you have. I mean, if you’re really looking to burn through a stash of them, just go live at the Conrad Tokyo or Waldorf-Astoria Maldives for a month. Rates start at 95,000 points and 120,000 points respectively.
Like we’ve said time and time again, you’ll always get more valuable redeeming your points and miles for actual travel than anything else.
Our advice? You should absolutely link your accounts to start earning Hilton points (and Delta miles!) for every Lyft ride you take … but you’d be better off saving them for actually, you know, going on vacation instead of going down the street.
Photo courtesy of Zemi Beach House/Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees