Hilton Just Extended Its Double Points Promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking to get out of town before summer’s end, Hilton has good news for you.
Hilton Honors just announced the extension of its popular Hilton Double Points promotion. The promotion, which had originally been slated to end on August 31, 2018, will now last until September 9, 2018, so that travelers who want to stay at a Hilton-owned hotel can reap the benefits of this offer through Labor Day Weekend travel.
Hilton is advertising a 2x bonus on all points accrued on any Hilton property, meaning that for every $1 spent, you can expect to receive 10 bonus points in addition to the 10 base points that Hilton would grant you through this program (5 bonus points plus 5 base points for Home2Suite by Hilton and Tru by Hilton).
Additionally, if you were thinking of driving to your destination, you can couple this bonus offer with a supplementary program through Hilton’s rental car partners, which include recognized brands such as Alamo, Enterprise and National. Every rental with these partners now earns 500 points, plus an additional 500 points per day on one to 4-day rentals. If you happen to rent a car for more than 5 days, even better. Hilton Honors currently will award you 7,500 points total for all rentals greater than 5 days – a bonus for anyone looking to hit the road.
This is the current summary of how many points you can expect to receive through the rental car bonus:
1-day rental – 1,000 points
2-day rental – 1,500 points
3-day rental – 2,000 points
4-day rental – 2,500 points
5-day+ rental – 7,500 points
If you need time to think through this offer, that’s fine, too. As long as the dates of your hotel stay and/or car rental are before September 9, you’ll be able to take advantage of the offer.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.