This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking to get out of town before summer’s end, Hilton has good news for you.
Hilton Honors just announced the extension of its popular Hilton Double Points promotion. The promotion, which had originally been slated to end on August 31, 2018, will now last until September 9, 2018, so that travelers who want to stay at a Hilton-owned hotel can reap the benefits of this offer through Labor Day Weekend travel.
Hilton is advertising a 2x bonus on all points accrued on any Hilton property, meaning that for every $1 spent, you can expect to receive 10 bonus points in addition to the 10 base points that Hilton would grant you through this program (5 bonus points plus 5 base points for Home2Suite by Hilton and Tru by Hilton).
Additionally, if you were thinking of driving to your destination, you can couple this bonus offer with a supplementary program through Hilton’s rental car partners, which include recognized brands such as Alamo, Enterprise and National. Every rental with these partners now earns 500 points, plus an additional 500 points per day on one to 4-day rentals. If you happen to rent a car for more than 5 days, even better. Hilton Honors currently will award you 7,500 points total for all rentals greater than 5 days – a bonus for anyone looking to hit the road.
This is the current summary of how many points you can expect to receive through the rental car bonus:
1-day rental – 1,000 points
2-day rental – 1,500 points
3-day rental – 2,000 points
4-day rental – 2,500 points
5-day+ rental – 7,500 points
If you need time to think through this offer, that’s fine, too. As long as the dates of your hotel stay and/or car rental are before September 9, you’ll be able to take advantage of the offer.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards