IHG launches new promotion offering up to 4x bonus points on stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG Rewards just launched a new promotion, offering up to 4x bonus points for stays with the hotel program now through Jan. 31, 2020. Members must register before booking and book by Dec. 15, 2019 to qualify for this offer.
In an effort to encourage members to book incremental stays with IHG, this promotion is set up as a progressive offer. After registering, members will earn:
- 1,000 bonus points for the first stay
- 2x bonus points for the second stay
- 3x bonus points for the third stay
- 4x bonus points for the fourth and future stays
There are some important terms and conditions to keep in mind. For a stay to qualify for this promotion, the “total spend” for the stay must be at least $30. Also, you can’t check out and check back in to the same hotel to earn another stay as a stay is defined as “one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out.”
There are a number of types of bookings that don’t qualifying for this promotion — including:
net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion
Although it’s unclear in the terms and conditions, an IHG representative has confirmed that the multiplier will only be on the base earnings from the stay. IHG Rewards elites — who earn up to 100% bonus points — will not have their elite bonuses multiplied.
That means that for the fourth and future qualifying stays, this is the earning chart for each elite tier:
per dollar spent
Per the terms and conditions, the maximum number of points that you can earn from each stay is 200,000.
Keep in mind that you can stack this offer with other ongoing promotions such as IHG’s individualized Accelerate promotion that’s currently valid for stays now through Dec. 31, and IHG’s promotion for earning up to 15,000 bonus points for stays at InterContinental hotels.
Featured photo courtesy of the InterContinental David Tel Aviv Hotel.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.