IHG launches new promotion offering up to 4x bonus points on stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest IHG promotion. It was most recently published on Oct. 24, 2019.
IHG Rewards just launched a new promotion, offering up to 4x bonus points for stays with the hotel program from Feb. 15 to May 15, 2020. Members must register before booking and book by April 15, 2020 to qualify for this offer.
In an effort to encourage members to book incremental stays with IHG, this promotion is set up as a progressive offer. After registering, members will earn:
- 1,000 bonus points for the first night
- 2x bonus points for the second through fifth nights
- 3x bonus points for the sixth through 14th nights
- 4x bonus points for the 15th night and beyond
There are some important terms and conditions to keep in mind. For a stay to qualify for this promotion, the “total spend” for the stay must be at least $30. Also, you can’t check out and check back in to the same hotel to earn another stay as a stay is defined as “one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out.”
There are a number of types of bookings that don’t qualifying for this promotion — including:
net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion.
Unfortunately, the multiplier will only be on the base earnings from the stay. IHG Rewards elites — who earn up to 100% bonus points — will not have their elite bonuses multiplied.
That means that for the fifteenth and future nights, this is the earning chart for each elite tier, based on TPG’s current valuation of IHG points at 0.5 cents each:
per dollar spent
Per the terms and conditions, the maximum number of points that you can earn from the promotion is 301,000 points.
If you’re looking to earn IHG points quickly, now is a good time to consider the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card. It’s currently offering an all-time-high welcome bonus of 140,000 IHG points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Plus, when you use the card to pay for a stay you’ll earn an additional 10x IHG points per dollar, on top of the elite bonus you’ll earn with the Platinum status that automatically comes with the card.
Featured photo courtesy of the InterContinental David Tel Aviv Hotel.
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson.
With this card you'll get IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status which more than negates the value of the $89 annual fee.
- Earn 140,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 25 points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®