Effective immediately, HawaiianMiles no longer expire
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hawaiian Airlines flyers, rejoice!
As of April 12, 2021 HawaiianMiles is discontinuing its mileage expiration policy. Although Hawaiian already temporarily extended the validity of miles due to the pandemic, this change is now permanent.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Previously, HawaiianMiles expired after 18 months of inactivity. To keep your miles from expiring, you needed some form of earning or redeeming activity, such as spending on a Hawaiian Airlines co-branded credit card or transferring points from the American Express Membership Rewards program. However, that’s no longer the case.
The news that HawaiianMiles will no longer expire is the second passenger-friendly improvement the airline has made to its frequent flyer recently. Earlier this year, the airline cut Pualani elite qualification for the 2022 status year in half. Now, you can earn Pualani Gold status with 15 segments or 10,000 miles or Pualani Platinum status with 30 segments or 20,000 miles. Members that achieve Pualani Platinum status at the reduced elite qualifications will still receive their two Platinum upgrade certificates.
Hawaiian joins airlines like Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, United and Virgin Atlantic in axing its points expiration policy. Most other airlines, including American Airlines and Alaska, continue to have mileage expiration policies in place, though there are generally ways to extend validity without needing to fly. With HawaiianMiles, that’s one less thing to worry about.
Featured photo courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees