Frontier Airlines expands again, now up to 32 routes and 8 new cities in 2 weeks
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines is at it again.
The ultra low-cost carrier rolled out its fifth new-route announcement since last week, this time revealing an eight-route expansion that would add three new cities to its map. All told, Frontier has added 32 new routes and added eight new cities since last Tuesday (April 6).
In its latest round on Thursday, Frontier focused on routes to Florida and the Caribbean.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
The three cities joining the airline’s route map are all international destinations Frontier will serve from Miami. Service to Nassau in the Bahamas begins in June while flights to Saint Martin and the Costa Rican capital of San Jose begin in July. The San Jose service returns Frontier to a city it last served in 2015.
Frontier will add a fourth route from Miami – to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – that will begin June 10.
Josh Flyr, Frontier’s vice president of network and operational design, told TPG that the carrier sees opportunity there to pick up a route no one else is currently flying. Spirit flies to Myrtle Beach from Fort Lauderdale, but no carrier currently flies there from Miami.
“We think there is demand in both directions,” Flyer said.
Once service from the latest announcement begins, Frontier says will fly to 34 destinations nonstop from Miami and eight from Myrtle Beach.
Elsewhere, Frontier will add two international routes from Orlando (Saint Martin and San Jose, Costa Rica) and another from Dallas/Fort Worth (Cancun, Mexico). That will give Frontier a total of 62 nonstop destinations from Orlando and 13 from DFW.
Also included in Thursday’s announcement is a once-weekly flight connecting San Juan, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
A full list of Frontier’s eight newest routes is below.
Frontier’s new routes from Miami (MIA)
- Myrtle Beach (MYR): Begins June 10 (5x weekly)
- Nassau, Bahamas (NAS): Begins June 24 (4x weekly)
- Saint Martin (SXM): Begins July 10 (1x weekly)
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO): Begins July 2 (2x weekly)
Frontier’s new routes from Orlando (MCO)
- Saint Martin (SXM): Begins July 10 (1x weekly)
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO): Begins July 1 (2x weekly)
Frontier’s new route from San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU)
- St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (STT): Begins June 12 (1x weekly)
Frontier’s new route from Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN): Begins June 10 (3x weekly)
Featured photo by Robert Cicchetti/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees