Frontier Airlines adds 5 more new routes, giving it a total of 13 in just 2 days
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
All five of the latest routes are to leisure-oriented destinations that have been in high demand during the pandemic. The expansion also includes one new city that will be added to Frontier’s map: Rochester, New York.
Three of the five new routes are to Myrtle Beach, the South Carolina resort town known for beaches and golfing. Frontier will add seasonal service from Buffalo; Portland, Maine; and Providence, Rhode Island.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
Frontier also is adding nonstop service connecting Rochester to Orlando and Miami to Montego Bay, Jamaica. The Rochester-Orlando route is slated to operate year-round, while the others are seasonal for the summer schedule.
In total, that gives Frontier 13 new routes announced during the past two days.
Atlanta was the biggest overall winner, landing six new nonstop routes on Frontier. Providence and Portland, Maine, also fared well, each landing three new nonstop routes.
Also just announced: Frontier Airlines adds 8 new routes, including 6 from Atlanta
Frontier’s route map update comes as U.S. airlines have begun rebuilding their schedules after dramatic cuts at the outset of the pandemic. Now, with leisure flyers leading a recovery in air travel, carriers have been particularly bullish on outdoor destinations that allow for social distancing.
A full list of the new routes announced by Frontier on Wednesday is below.
Frontier’s new service to Myrtle Beach (MYR)
- Buffalo (BUF): Begins June 11 (2x weekly)
- Portland, Maine (PWM): Begins June 12 (1x weekly)
- Providence, Rhode Island (PVD): Begins June 10 (2x weekly)
What’s Frontier like? Everything you should know before flying Frontier Airlines
Frontier’s new service to Orlando (MCO)
- Rochester, New York (ROC): Begins May 20 (3x weekly)
Frontier’s new service to Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ)
- Miami (MIA): Begins May 28 (3x weekly)
Featured photo by Matt Staver/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees