Deal alert: 50% off business-class flights to Europe
Editor’s note: This story was updated on July 15, 2021.
Nearly 50 European countries are open once again to American travelers, which means it's a fabulous time to snag a deal for business-class flights from more than 100 U.S. destinations to most of Europe for the remainder of this year and early 2022.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Today's widespread deal comes to us thanks to Scott's Cheap Flights and is for flights originating from 100-plus U.S. cities, primarily between September 2021 through February 2022 — some deals even include Thanksgiving (but not Christmas and New Year's Eve).
Airline: Multiple airlines including Austrian, Lufthansa, United, Air Canada, Swiss
Routes: ORD/DFW/DEN/IAH/LAX/MIA/BNA/JFK/PHX/PHL/SFO/IAD plus others to ATH/BCN/DUB/LIS/MXP/MUC/PRG/FCO/VIE/ZRH/BRU/GVA and beyond
Cost: From $1,466 depending on the departure city (normally these fares start at $3,500)
Dates: Book for travel between September 2021 and February 2022
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees) or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Read more: Nonstop business class to Italy, Spain and more from just $1,050 one-way
You can find this flight deal from various U.S. cities, including:
- Los Angeles.
- New York City.
- San Francisco.
- Washington, D.C.
Destinations in Europe include:
- Athens, Greece.
- Barcelona, Spain.
- Budapest, Hungary.
- Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Frankfurt, Germany.
- Lisbon, Portugal.
- Manchester, England.
- Warsaw, Poland.
- Zagreb, Croatia.
To search for this flight deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that match your schedule. Since I am based in the DMV area — referring to D.C., Maryland and Virginia — I used Dulles Airport (IAD) as my home base.
Read more: Fly the world’s best business class to Africa, Europe and more from just $1,620 round-trip
For example, I found a business-class round-trip flight from IAD to Prague (PRG) for $1,521, the lowest I could find for this route through February 2022.
Related: Reopening Europe: When can you visit again? A country-by-country guide
However, with that flight, I would have to endure an almost 15-hour layover. For just an additional $4, I could shorten that time significantly by selecting the itinerary below.
Flights on the route from IAD to PRG ranged from $1,521–$1,537 round-trip.
Similarly, you could fly from IAD to Rome (FCO) for $1,533 with just one stop each way, both under 2 .5 hours.
Related: Fly to a reopened Morocco this fall for just 44,000 miles each way in business class
Here are other examples of specific flights from D.C. that are available in this deal:
- As low as $1,481 round-trip between IAD and Dublin (DUB) for Nov. 12–17. This was the lowest fare I found in my search and features a nonstop flight for one of the legs.
- As low as $1,506 round-trip for a one-stop flight between DCA and Barcelona (BCN) for Nov. 23–30. This was the best flight I saw for this deal, considering it fell over a major U.S. holiday (Thanksgiving) and both stops were relatively short.
- As low as $1,506 round-trip for a one-stop flight between IAD and Athens (ATH) for Sept. 4–11. Deals for this route did not exceed $1,532.
- As low as $1,507 round-trip for a one-stop flight between IAD and Lisbon (LIS) for Oct. 8-13. Although fares increased through February 2022, all were under $1,530.
- As low as $1,514 round-trip for a one-stop flight between IAD and Dubrovnik (DBV) for Oct. 2-9. Prices for this trip increase to around $1,590 in November, presumably as more people look to escape the winter weather.
- As low as $1,573 round-trip for a one-stop flight between IAD and Berlin (ZRH) for Nov. 8-14.
Related: Bring the whole family to Europe this fall with wide-open business-class award space
- As low as $1,488 round-trip for nonstop flights between IAD and Zurich (ZRH) for Dec. 1-6. This was the only nonstop fare I saw for the cities I examined.
As part of this deal, you can fly to more expensive destinations at an unusually low business-class price, including to Geneva (GVA) for as low as $1,501, Stockholm (ARN) for around $1,500 and Paris (CDG, ORY) for roughly $1,900.
As this is business class, all of the flight deals featured include one free carry-on and two free checked bags. For those who have been wanting to try business class or just feel like treating yourself for surviving the past year and a half, this is for you.
Related: Switzerland is reopening, and you can fly there with wide-open business-class award space