This Embraer ‘Regional Jet’ Has a Shower and a Queen-Size Bed
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Assuming you’re in a position to buy a private jet, there’s almost certainly something out there for you. Long-haul lovers might opt for, say, a sleek and speedy Gulfstream G650ER, while those more interested in a flying mansion might choose to outfit their own 787 Dreamliner, instead.
Then there are the more practical corporate jets, more likely to join a Fortune 500 company’s fleet than the personal collection of the CEO. And, finally, somewhere in between lands Embraer’s Lineage 1000E, a medium-haul workhorse designed to accommodate top executives and their staffs — with a reasonable level of privacy and comfort.
The Lineage 1000E may look familiar — until you step inside. It shares its roots with the Embraer ERJ-190 regional jet, an aircraft known to many travelers, especially those flying AA or JetBlue within the US.
Inside, it’s a completely different beast, with custom leather recliners, wide aisles and even a master suite.
At $53 million, it’s more affordable than the far smaller G650ER, but it flies much more like an airliner than an industry-leading private jet.
We’re talking a top speed of mach 0.82, compared with 0.925 on the $70 million Gulfstream, which is capable of flying the Lineage’s 5,300 miles, and then another 3,300 after that.
Both planes carry a similar number of passengers — up to 19 with the Embraer, vs. 18 max with the G650ER — but the Lineage is nearly 20 feet longer, translating into a more spacious cabin, even though flyers will likely spend less time in the air.
I toured a demo Lineage 1000ER at NBAA in Orlando. With several well-appointed cabins, it’s quite the showpiece.
Guests can dine in groups of four, or at their individual seats.
You could even enjoy breakfast in your posh queen-size bed — in its own private suite.
My favorite room was the rear lavatory — one of the largest I’ve seen on a plane.
The shower itself felt even more spacious than Emirates’ A380 shower suite.
The only space that resembles Embraer’s ERJ-190 is the flight deck, which is nearly identical, save for some controls dedicated to the 1000E’s high-end additions. This plane really is unbelievably sleek.
For more top private jets, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees