This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Choice points can provide excellent value in expensive locations like New York City, Europe and Japan, as well as during events like New Year’s Eve and Oktoberfest. Choice points can be difficult to get, but this winter you’ll earn double points at properties when you check in between Dec. 4 and Feb. 15, 2019. To register for the promotion, click here.
You’ll need to register online for the promotion before check-out, but you might as well go ahead and register now. To register, you can either sign in to your Choice Privileges account or enter your first name, last name and Choice Privileges number.
Double points means 2x the base points earned from an eligible stay. Elite members will continue to earn their standard elite point bonus, but the elite bonus will not be doubled. You can earn up to 30,000 bonus points during the promotion period. Most stays that are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points will earn double points. However, the following types of stays are specifically excluded:
Rooms booked at rates below $40 per night, certain hotel initiated promotions, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends, family and associate discount.
Additionally, stays at vacation rental property locations and stays at Choice Hotels in Japan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Guyana and Ecuador aren’t eligible. The promotion is only open to Choice Privileges members with a US or Canadian address who have their earning preference set to Choice Privileges points in their online account.
Stays must be booked directly, so use the secret Choice Hotels booking site for stays before Jan. 31 to get 1,000 extra points on each stay. If you use your Chase Sapphire Reserve you’ll earn 3 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent, which is a 6% return based on TPG’s latest valuations. If you use your Chase Sapphire Preferred Card you’ll earn 2x points. Regardless of the card you use, register for Your Extras if your stay will be during the week to earn extra rewards.
Featured image of Gowanus Inn & Yard, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member in Brooklyn, New York. Image is courtesy of Choice Hotels.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees