This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Choice hotels has one of TPG‘s most undervalued hotel loyalty programs. And we are digging into the program to explain why — from showing you how you’ll get a free Starbucks or Amazon gift card each time you stay during the week to getting a suite in NYC for just $68 per night.
And now, there’s a way to earn bonus points just by booking your upcoming stays through Choice’s new “secret site.”
This promotion is about as straight-forward as you can get:
- Search and book through the secret site
- Book by Jan. 31, 2019
- Complete the stay by Jan. 31, 2019
- Earn 1,000 bonus points from the stay
And there’s no limit to the number of times you can earn this bonus. You’ll earn 1,000 bonus points for each stay — defined as consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or checkouts — at any hotel that’s eligible to earn Choice Privileges points.
At current TPG valuations, 1,000 bonus Choice points are worth just $6, so this isn’t an especially lucrative bonus. But, it’s worth taking advantage of this bonus point offer for any stays you’re booking anyways now through Jan. 31, 2019.
There’s a few terms and conditions to note. Hotel stays booked at a rate below $40 per night — including reward night stays — aren’t eligible for earning bonus points. Also, don’t expect to get these bonus points right away. The T&C note that “points will be added to the member’s account within 6-8 weeks after the qualifying stay is completed.”
Featured image by Prasit photo / Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards