This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Choice hotels has one of TPG‘s most undervalued hotel loyalty programs. And we are digging into the program to explain why — from showing you how you’ll get a free Starbucks or Amazon gift card each time you stay during the week to getting a suite in NYC for just $68 per night.
And now, there’s a way to earn bonus points just by booking your upcoming stays through Choice’s new “secret site.”
This promotion is about as straight-forward as you can get:
- Search and book through the secret site
- Book by Jan. 31, 2019
- Complete the stay by Jan. 31, 2019
- Earn 1,000 bonus points from the stay
And there’s no limit to the number of times you can earn this bonus. You’ll earn 1,000 bonus points for each stay — defined as consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or checkouts — at any hotel that’s eligible to earn Choice Privileges points.
At current TPG valuations, 1,000 bonus Choice points are worth just $6, so this isn’t an especially lucrative bonus. But, it’s worth taking advantage of this bonus point offer for any stays you’re booking anyways now through Jan. 31, 2019.
There’s a few terms and conditions to note. Hotel stays booked at a rate below $40 per night — including reward night stays — aren’t eligible for earning bonus points. Also, don’t expect to get these bonus points right away. The T&C note that “points will be added to the member’s account within 6-8 weeks after the qualifying stay is completed.”
Featured image by Prasit photo / Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees