Live Out Your Star Wars Dreams — Open Call for Stormtroopers at Disneyland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you have waited your whole life for a chance to officially join the Dark Side of the Force, this is your lucky day. Today, (May 24) Disneyland is recruiting Stormtroopers who won’t battle the Rebels, but will instead create “magical moments” for visitors within Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
As you would expect with such an elite force, the physical requirements are strict:
- Height between 5″10 and 6 feet tall
- Slender and athletic build
- Ability to maintain high energy levels and physical exertion while wearing the Stormtrooper uniform (in the summer heat!)
Recruits must also be at least 18 years old and a high school graduate to enlist with the Disney Empire. Once cadets meet the basic requirements, they will be evaluated for their skills in “imaginative impersonation”. In other words: how deeply are you versed in all things Star Wars and Stormtrooper?
Think you’ve got what it takes to serve the Sith Lord? Check out the details here.
If you’re more excited about visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge than patrolling it, the wait is almost over. Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens next week on May 31, though you’ll need a reservation for any visits before June 23. If you missed the initial window for free public reservations, you can check for availability for an on-property hotel room as Disneyland hotel stays come with reservations included.
Stay tuned to TPG as we cover the Star Wars opening events at Disneyland next week!
Read on for more Disneyland related tips and news:
- 9 Things Families Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland
- Where to Stay at Disneyland: On vs. Off-Property Hotel Comparisons
- Skip the Lines at Disneyland: 10 Line-Busting Tips for Less Waiting and More Playing
- How to Use Points for Disney Tickets
- Review of the Disneyland Hotel
- The Best Restaurants at Disneyland
Featured image courtesy of Disney
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Earn a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first six months of card membership.
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Earn 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming services and 3% cash back on transit. Plus earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%) and 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed for statement credits.
- Earn a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Buy Now, Pay Later: Enjoy $0 plan fees when you use Plan It® to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months after account opening. Plans created after that will have a plan fee up to 1.33% of each purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 13.99% to 23.99%
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more).
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
- Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees