The easiest way to get around Disney World is (finally) returning this month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s red, white and polka-dotted, and rolls all over Walt Disney World as the easiest way to get around the more than 25,000-acre property? Minnie Vans.
These handy and adorable cars — which some feared to be extinct — have returned more than two years after the Walt Disney World theme parks closed in March 2020.
Minnie Vans first rolled into Disney in 2017 as the most stylish and convenient way to get around the parks. Now they will be rolling back into service on June 29.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
There’s a lot more to love about the Minnie Van service than looking cool when you pull up to your destination. Minnie Vans are private cars (no more rubbing shoulders with sweaty strangers on the monorail) that seat up to six guests. Each van comes equipped with two complimentary child car seats; accessible vans are also available.
A Minnie Van’s point-to-point service also means you’ll get dropped off even closer to the magic than you would if you drove your own car or used a different ride-sharing service.
This comes in most handy when you’re heading to or from Magic Kingdom.
Normally, you would arrive at the Transportation and Ticket Center and then take a boat or monorail to Magic Kingdom’s front entrance. However, with Minnie Van service, you can exit at the Magic Kingdom resort bus stop just in front of the park’s entrance (and skip the TTC altogether).
There are some situations when Minnie Vans are more helpful than others.
For example, TPG’s director of travel content, Summer Hull, has saved a lot of time and internal resort bus transfers by using Minnie Vans. The vans pick Summer and her family up directly in front of their Fort Wilderness cabin and escort them to the parks in time for rope drop. This route would otherwise require waiting for not one but two buses.
Minnie Van service will be available daily between 6:30 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. The vans service all Walt Disney World resort hotels, water parks and theme parks. They also serve Disney Springs and other select hotels such as the Walt Disney World Swan, Dolphin and Swan Reserve hotels and the Four Seasons Resort.
Prior to the pandemic, Minnie Vans could also transport travelers between Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Disney. For now, though, Disney has not announced if or when that service route will return.
Booking a Minnie Van is simple: It’s available as an option within the ride-hailing app Lyft. If you don’t already have the Lyft app, download it and sign up for an account prior to your visit. When you are ready to ride, open the app and choose your Disney destination.
You should see Minnie Van as an option when choosing your vehicle (this is also where you can select an accessible Minnie Van). Pricing, which varies by route just as with any other Lyft ride, tends to be higher than the standard Lyft options. However, rides are chauffeured by Disney cast members who know their way around the park and can help with Disney-related questions or issues.
Additionally, Minnie Vans can sometimes go where traditional car services and taxi vehicles can’t. So, when you need the utmost in Disney transportation convenience, fire up that Lyft app and request a cute polka-dotted vehicle to come whisk you away.
Featured photo courtesy of Disney.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees