Delta’s Pre-Select Meal Program Expands to Flights Departing From Amsterdam, Paris and London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As promised, Delta Air Lines is continuing to expand its pre-select meal program globally. While the likes of Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines have offered premium cabin clients the ability to peruse menus and select delicacies prior to departure, Delta’s twist on the scheme is relatively new. The carrier has been offering the service for Delta One customers flying from the US to Europe since June 1, 2018, but those passengers weren’t treated to the same luxury on their returns.
Beginning Sept. 26, 2018, flights departing from Amsterdam (AMS), Paris (CDG) and London (LHR) inbound to the US will support Delta One pre-select. Also included are all (yes, all!) outbound Delta routes from the US to Europe, select routes between the US and Asia/Australia and long-haul domestic routes where Delta One is offered. Pre-select is also found on every Airbus A350 route (both outbound and inbound to the US), as well as on Delta’s nonstop between Portland (PDX) and Tokyo (NRT), which TPG’s Benji Stawski reviewed in economy earlier this year.
Depending on the destination, menus will feature meals by Delta’s in-house culinary team or the airline’s partner chefs — like James Beard honoree Linton Hopkins out of Atlanta, select chefs from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group out of New York, chef duo Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo out of LA and most recently, Chinese chef Jereme Leung, Japanese chef Norio Ueno and Korean chef Woo-Joong Kwon.
Customers in eligible markets “will receive an email from Delta three days prior to their flight, asking them to select their first choice meal from Delta’s latest seasonal, regionally-influenced menu.” Additionally, Delta One customers flying these routes who aren’t enrolled in SkyMiles are now eligible to participate in the program — all that’s needed is a valid email address listed in their flight booking. Of course, paying top-dollar to fly in Delta One and not earning miles is a tragedy beyond description, so please don’t let any of your friends (or enemies, for that matter) do so without first taking 30 seconds to sign up for a SkyMiles account of their own.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees