Delta’s Pre-Select Meal Program Expands to Flights Departing From Amsterdam, Paris and London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As promised, Delta Air Lines is continuing to expand its pre-select meal program globally. While the likes of Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines have offered premium cabin clients the ability to peruse menus and select delicacies prior to departure, Delta’s twist on the scheme is relatively new. The carrier has been offering the service for Delta One customers flying from the US to Europe since June 1, 2018, but those passengers weren’t treated to the same luxury on their returns.
Beginning Sept. 26, 2018, flights departing from Amsterdam (AMS), Paris (CDG) and London (LHR) inbound to the US will support Delta One pre-select. Also included are all (yes, all!) outbound Delta routes from the US to Europe, select routes between the US and Asia/Australia and long-haul domestic routes where Delta One is offered. Pre-select is also found on every Airbus A350 route (both outbound and inbound to the US), as well as on Delta’s nonstop between Portland (PDX) and Tokyo (NRT), which TPG’s Benji Stawski reviewed in economy earlier this year.
Depending on the destination, menus will feature meals by Delta’s in-house culinary team or the airline’s partner chefs — like James Beard honoree Linton Hopkins out of Atlanta, select chefs from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group out of New York, chef duo Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo out of LA and most recently, Chinese chef Jereme Leung, Japanese chef Norio Ueno and Korean chef Woo-Joong Kwon.
Customers in eligible markets “will receive an email from Delta three days prior to their flight, asking them to select their first choice meal from Delta’s latest seasonal, regionally-influenced menu.” Additionally, Delta One customers flying these routes who aren’t enrolled in SkyMiles are now eligible to participate in the program — all that’s needed is a valid email address listed in their flight booking. Of course, paying top-dollar to fly in Delta One and not earning miles is a tragedy beyond description, so please don’t let any of your friends (or enemies, for that matter) do so without first taking 30 seconds to sign up for a SkyMiles account of their own.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees