This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways offers one of the best products flying in the skies right now, its new Qsuites business class. Between the closing doors at every seat, top-notch dining and amenities, Qsuites (and the experience on Qatar’s other premium products) is hard to beat. Now, it’s allowing passengers to customize their experience even more.
The Doha-based carrier announced this week that it’s going to allow its first- and business-class passengers to pre-order their dining selections before their flight. Effective immediately, premium passengers can pre-select their meals on select flights departing from Doha (DOH) bound for Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand, South America, Guangzhou (CAN) and Bangkok (BKK). If you’re on an eligible route, you’ll be able to select one main course from the à la carte menu as far as 14 days in advance and up to 24 hours before departure.
To utilize this new option, go to Qatar’s website and log in to select your trip. If you’re eligible for the pre-selected dining service, you’ll be able to choose from the seasonal options on the menu that’s listed online. Once selected, you’ll get an email with your confirmed meal choice.
Qatar isn’t exactly reinventing the wheel with this addition — American Airlines began offering pre-order meal options back in 2012. In addition, Singapore Airlines offers its famous Book the Cook option for premium passengers to select their meal in advance. Surely for Qatar’s premium passengers it’s a welcome development, but it’s hardly groundbreaking.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards