Qatar Airways Now Lets Premium Passengers Pre-Select Their Meals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways offers one of the best products flying in the skies right now, its new Qsuites business class. Between the closing doors at every seat, top-notch dining and amenities, Qsuites (and the experience on Qatar’s other premium products) is hard to beat. Now, it’s allowing passengers to customize their experience even more.
The Doha-based carrier announced this week that it’s going to allow its first- and business-class passengers to pre-order their dining selections before their flight. Effective immediately, premium passengers can pre-select their meals on select flights departing from Doha (DOH) bound for Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand, South America, Guangzhou (CAN) and Bangkok (BKK). If you’re on an eligible route, you’ll be able to select one main course from the à la carte menu as far as 14 days in advance and up to 24 hours before departure.
To utilize this new option, go to Qatar’s website and log in to select your trip. If you’re eligible for the pre-selected dining service, you’ll be able to choose from the seasonal options on the menu that’s listed online. Once selected, you’ll get an email with your confirmed meal choice.
Qatar isn’t exactly reinventing the wheel with this addition — American Airlines began offering pre-order meal options back in 2012. In addition, Singapore Airlines offers its famous Book the Cook option for premium passengers to select their meal in advance. Surely for Qatar’s premium passengers it’s a welcome development, but it’s hardly groundbreaking.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.