This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways offers one of the best products flying in the skies right now, its new Qsuites business class. Between the closing doors at every seat, top-notch dining and amenities, Qsuites (and the experience on Qatar’s other premium products) is hard to beat. Now, it’s allowing passengers to customize their experience even more.
The Doha-based carrier announced this week that it’s going to allow its first- and business-class passengers to pre-order their dining selections before their flight. Effective immediately, premium passengers can pre-select their meals on select flights departing from Doha (DOH) bound for Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand, South America, Guangzhou (CAN) and Bangkok (BKK). If you’re on an eligible route, you’ll be able to select one main course from the à la carte menu as far as 14 days in advance and up to 24 hours before departure.
To utilize this new option, go to Qatar’s website and log in to select your trip. If you’re eligible for the pre-selected dining service, you’ll be able to choose from the seasonal options on the menu that’s listed online. Once selected, you’ll get an email with your confirmed meal choice.
Qatar isn’t exactly reinventing the wheel with this addition — American Airlines began offering pre-order meal options back in 2012. In addition, Singapore Airlines offers its famous Book the Cook option for premium passengers to select their meal in advance. Surely for Qatar’s premium passengers it’s a welcome development, but it’s hardly groundbreaking.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that