Delta surprises passengers with pop-up Sky Clubs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the past few weeks, Delta passengers traveling through Green Bay (GRB) and Chattanooga (CHA) might have noticed something unusual: pop-up Delta Sky Clubs open to all Delta passengers traveling through the two airports, not just those who would normally be able to gain access with elite status, eligible premium-cabin tickets, or through a credit card.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The pop-up at Green Bay ran from Oct. 19 through Oct. 21 while the one at Chattanooga ran from Nov. 10 through Nov. 13. Each location featured appetizers from local chefs as well as curated cocktails.
The idea for these pop-up Sky Clubs came from a Delta employee at Green Bay, which isn’t home to a permanent Sky Club location (neither is Chattanooga).
According to Delta, the feedback from customers has been very positive so far. As of now Delta doesn’t have any additional pop-up lounges planned, but it’s possible that they’ll capitalize on the chance to surprise more travelers during the busy holiday season.
If you’re looking to gain access to one of Delta’s permanent Sky Club locations, you have a number of options for doing so. Unlike American and United, Delta doesn’t offer a separate lounge for international premium-cabin passengers, so Sky Club locations can get crowded at times.
The fastest way to gain access is by holding the right credit card — like The Platinum Card® from American Express or the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card — both of which offer cardholders access to Sky Clubs when flying Delta. Delta One passengers on eligible tickets can also access Delta Sky Clubs, and Diamond Medallion elites can choose Sky Club access as one of their choice benefits.
Featured photo courtesy of Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees