Delta surprises passengers with pop-up Sky Clubs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the past few weeks, Delta passengers traveling through Green Bay (GRB) and Chattanooga (CHA) might have noticed something unusual: pop-up Delta Sky Clubs open to all Delta passengers traveling through the two airports, not just those who would normally be able to gain access with elite status, eligible premium-cabin tickets, or through a credit card.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The pop-up at Green Bay ran from Oct. 19 through Oct. 21 while the one at Chattanooga ran from Nov. 10 through Nov. 13. Each location featured appetizers from local chefs as well as curated cocktails.
The idea for these pop-up Sky Clubs came from a Delta employee at Green Bay, which isn’t home to a permanent Sky Club location (neither is Chattanooga).
According to Delta, the feedback from customers has been very positive so far. As of now Delta doesn’t have any additional pop-up lounges planned, but it’s possible that they’ll capitalize on the chance to surprise more travelers during the busy holiday season.
If you’re looking to gain access to one of Delta’s permanent Sky Club locations, you have a number of options for doing so. Unlike American and United, Delta doesn’t offer a separate lounge for international premium-cabin passengers, so Sky Club locations can get crowded at times.
The fastest way to gain access is by holding the right credit card — like The Platinum Card® from American Express or the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card — both of which offer cardholders access to Sky Clubs when flying Delta. Delta One passengers on eligible tickets can also access Delta Sky Clubs, and Diamond Medallion elites can choose Sky Club access as one of their choice benefits.
Featured photo courtesy of Delta.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.