Delta Apologizes For Late Arrival of Medallion Credential Kits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s on-time performance is the envy of the aviation world, but it’s apparently not on time with everything.
With 92.7% of planes arriving on time, the largest network of lounges and cities served, and several other strong suits, Atlanta’s hometown airline took the top spot in TPG’s 2019 list of best and worst US airlines. Its SkyMiles program was also voted Best US Airline Loyalty Program by readers in the inaugural TPG Awards.
But Delta this year is lagging when it comes to a much smaller detail: the delivery of brag tags.
SkyMiles Medallion members the world over received an email today apologizing for the atypically late arrival of their 2019 Medallion Welcome Kit. TPG Executive Editorial Director Scott Mayerowitz and Managing Editor Alberto Riva (Platinum Medallions) as well as myself (a Diamond Medallion) received emails from “The SkyMiles Team.”
“Unfortunately,” says the missive, “this welcome kit will be arriving later than expected — but you should expect it to arrive by the end of April at the latest. We hope that another great year of travel is already underway. Thank you again for your loyalty and apologies for the delay in receiving your welcome kit.”
In past years, these kits have arrived shortly after the new Medallion year, which begins on Feb. 1. Within, there are luggage tags and a nice note, eliciting a warm, fuzzy feeling that keeps most folks working to retain their status for another trip around the sun.
Thus far in 2019, the only Delta brag tags that have made their way out of the factory are Million Miler tags, which I received in mid-February.
Medallion members can load their Silver, Gold, Platinum or Diamond membership card onto their phone’s wallet via the My Delta app, but where’s the fun in that?
One has to wonder if the delay means the return of metal connector loops, or if we’ll be treated to some other fanciful material not yet seen in the world of brag tags.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees