Pro Tip: Your Metal Credit Card Can Chop Zucchini
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve never shied away from putting our favorite metal credit cards through the wringer — what, like it’s weird to have a credit card stress test machine and weigh each new card that crosses our desk?
But while we already knew which cards are the strongest, the rebranding of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card and its fancy new metal design (shipping to card holders over the next few weeks) got us thinking: Just what else we could do with these weighty pieces of metal?
Can they chop vegetables in a pinch, for instance? And would they come in handy if you just so happen to be short a pencil sharpener? The answer to these burning questions (and a look at our credit card stress machine in action) await in the video below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Aside from the welcome offer you'll earn up to $300 in statement credits each year and 1 free night (worth up to 50k points) every year after your cardmember anniversary. Terms apply.
- Earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy Hotels. 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines. 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive 1 free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy unlimited airport lounge visits when you enroll in Priority Pass™ Select membership.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $450 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees