Deal alert: Take 40% off of Alaska flights today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanks to the CFO of Alaska Airlines, we can all enjoy a 40 percent discount on flights booked today, Jan 10.
But that acronym doesn’t stand for Chief Financial Officer in this particular case. This CFO is Russell Wilson, the quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks who also serves as Alaska Airlines’s Chief Football Officer.
And whether or not you’re a fan of American football, this season will bring excitement for all travelers: Throughout the 2020-21 football season, Alaska Airlines will offer discounts tied directly to Wilson’s performance on the field each week.
Alaska scores Wilson’s success the same way the NFL does: Each of Wilson’s successful passing or rushing touchdowns during regular-season home games count toward travel discounts off of the base fare rate, up to a total of 40 percent off.
Despite losing yesterday’s playoff game to the Los Angeles Rams, the Seattle Seahawks still had a great regular season showing at 12-4 in the 2020-21 NFL season.
Here’s what you need to know about this week’s 40 percent sale:
- Through Mar. 18, save on flights that depart or arrive in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska (excluding Prudhoe Bay), or Montana between January 9 and March 18.
- Blackout dates of February 11-15, 2021, apply to all routes. Additional blackout dates of March 4-6 apply for travel from Alaska, and March 12-14 to Alaska. Travel on these dates will receive a 10% discount.
- The discount is valid for up to six travelers at a time when booked and ticketed on the same reservation.
- The discount applies to one-way or round-trip travel.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees. Cannot be combined with other promotions. Discount code must be applied toward purchase of ticket by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Jan. 10, 2021.
- The discount is valid for new ticket purchases only, and cannot be applied toward existing reservations.
- Changes and refunds may be allowed, depending on the specific ticket. Fee differences in changed itineraries will not be eligible for the discounted amount.
- Enter DREAMBIG40 into the discount code field, and then click “Find flights” to start your search.
Keep in mind that Alaska’s current peace-of-mind waiver covers all flights booked through Feb. 26, 2021. As of Jan. 1, 2021, change fees no longer apply on Main and First Class fares on all Alaska routes.
Alaska Airlines has long been known for offering fun promotions. In the past, travelers have been allowed to board early with the right attire, or enjoy discounts to see the northern lights based on aurora borealis activity. The airline also periodically offers its ever-popular buy one, get one free promotion.
Featured photo by adamkaz / Getty Images from 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees