Deal alert: Take 40% off of Alaska flights today
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanks to the CFO of Alaska Airlines, we can all enjoy a 40 percent discount on flights booked today, Jan 10.
But that acronym doesn’t stand for Chief Financial Officer in this particular case. This CFO is Russell Wilson, the quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks who also serves as Alaska Airlines’s Chief Football Officer.
And whether or not you’re a fan of American football, this season will bring excitement for all travelers: Throughout the 2020-21 football season, Alaska Airlines will offer discounts tied directly to Wilson’s performance on the field each week.
Alaska scores Wilson’s success the same way the NFL does: Each of Wilson’s successful passing or rushing touchdowns during regular-season home games count toward travel discounts off of the base fare rate, up to a total of 40 percent off.
Despite losing yesterday’s playoff game to the Los Angeles Rams, the Seattle Seahawks still had a great regular season showing at 12-4 in the 2020-21 NFL season.
Here’s what you need to know about this week’s 40 percent sale:
- Through Mar. 18, save on flights that depart or arrive in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska (excluding Prudhoe Bay), or Montana between January 9 and March 18.
- Blackout dates of February 11-15, 2021, apply to all routes. Additional blackout dates of March 4-6 apply for travel from Alaska, and March 12-14 to Alaska. Travel on these dates will receive a 10% discount.
- The discount is valid for up to six travelers at a time when booked and ticketed on the same reservation.
- The discount applies to one-way or round-trip travel.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees. Cannot be combined with other promotions. Discount code must be applied toward purchase of ticket by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Jan. 10, 2021.
- The discount is valid for new ticket purchases only, and cannot be applied toward existing reservations.
- Changes and refunds may be allowed, depending on the specific ticket. Fee differences in changed itineraries will not be eligible for the discounted amount.
- Enter DREAMBIG40 into the discount code field, and then click “Find flights” to start your search.
Keep in mind that Alaska’s current peace-of-mind waiver covers all flights booked through Feb. 26, 2021. As of Jan. 1, 2021, change fees no longer apply on Main and First Class fares on all Alaska routes.
Alaska Airlines has long been known for offering fun promotions. In the past, travelers have been allowed to board early with the right attire, or enjoy discounts to see the northern lights based on aurora borealis activity. The airline also periodically offers its ever-popular buy one, get one free promotion.
Featured photo by adamkaz / Getty Images from 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.