Deal alert: Take 40% off of Alaska flights today
Thanks to the CFO of Alaska Airlines, we can all enjoy a 40 percent discount on flights booked today, Jan 10.
But that acronym doesn’t stand for Chief Financial Officer in this particular case. This CFO is Russell Wilson, the quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks who also serves as Alaska Airlines’s Chief Football Officer.
And whether or not you’re a fan of American football, this season will bring excitement for all travelers: Throughout the 2020-21 football season, Alaska Airlines will offer discounts tied directly to Wilson’s performance on the field each week.
Alaska scores Wilson’s success the same way the NFL does: Each of Wilson’s successful passing or rushing touchdowns during regular-season home games count toward travel discounts off of the base fare rate, up to a total of 40 percent off.
Despite losing yesterday’s playoff game to the Los Angeles Rams, the Seattle Seahawks still had a great regular season showing at 12-4 in the 2020-21 NFL season.
Here’s what you need to know about this week’s 40 percent sale:
- Through Mar. 18, save on flights that depart or arrive in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska (excluding Prudhoe Bay), or Montana between January 9 and March 18.
- Blackout dates of February 11-15, 2021, apply to all routes. Additional blackout dates of March 4-6 apply for travel from Alaska, and March 12-14 to Alaska. Travel on these dates will receive a 10% discount.
- The discount is valid for up to six travelers at a time when booked and ticketed on the same reservation.
- The discount applies to one-way or round-trip travel.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees. Cannot be combined with other promotions. Discount code must be applied toward purchase of ticket by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Jan. 10, 2021.
- The discount is valid for new ticket purchases only, and cannot be applied toward existing reservations.
- Changes and refunds may be allowed, depending on the specific ticket. Fee differences in changed itineraries will not be eligible for the discounted amount.
- Enter DREAMBIG40 into the discount code field, and then click “Find flights” to start your search.
Keep in mind that Alaska’s current peace-of-mind waiver covers all flights booked through Feb. 26, 2021. As of Jan. 1, 2021, change fees no longer apply on Main and First Class fares on all Alaska routes.
Alaska Airlines has long been known for offering fun promotions. In the past, travelers have been allowed to board early with the right attire, or enjoy discounts to see the northern lights based on aurora borealis activity. The airline also periodically offers its ever-popular buy one, get one free promotion.
Featured photo by adamkaz / Getty Images from 2018.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.