Board early on certain Alaska Airlines flights by wearing the right clothes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s generally an urban myth that you can get upgrades or preferred treatment when you’re flying just by being well dressed. But for Alaska Airlines flyers out of Seattle, there’s one piece of clothing that will get you on board ahead of the rest of the crowd.
As part of the airline’s continued partnership with Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, Alaska Airlines will allow passengers who wear the quarterback’s jersey to board early on flights departing Seattle (SEA) for the duration of the NFL season. The promotion begins Sept. 7 with the beginning of regular season play, and will come to a close on Dec. 29 ahead of the NFL playoffs.
“Offering pre-boarding for guests sporting their No. 3 jerseys is just one way we celebrate our hometown quarterback here at Alaska Airlines,” said Natalie Bowman, Alaska Airlines’ managing director of brand and marketing communications, in a press release. “We invite all Seattle sports fans to join us in cheering on Russell ahead of his team’s season opener.”
This isn’t the first time Alaska Airlines has allowed Russell Wilson fans to board the airline’s flights early — the airline launched a similar promotion both in 2013 and 2017. Additionally, Alaska has previously given passengers wearing “ugly” Christmas sweaters during the holiday season the opportunity to board early.
Alaska Airlines, which is based in Seattle, is also no stranger to showing its love for the Seahawks quarterback. Last year, the airline unveiled a special Russell Wilson-themed livery with the quarterback’s image plastered along the fuselage of a Boeing 737.
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Alaska miles are extremely valuable because you can book awards on partners like Emirates, Icelandair, Korean Air and Japan Airlines. The current bonus of 40,000 miles can book you a roundtrip ticket on Alaska Airlines from Boston to San Diego or New York to Seattle, for example.
- 40,000 Bonus Mile + Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ Online Offer
- Get 40,000 bonus miles plus Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22) with this online offer. To qualify, make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Free checked bag for you and up to 6 guests on the same reservation – that's a savings of $60 per person roundtrip!
- Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™. Every year on your credit card account anniversary you'll receive a companion fare which allows you to book a companion flight from just $121 ($99 plus taxes and fees from $22). Valid on all Alaska Airlines flights booked on alaskaair.com.
- Earn unlimited 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases and unlimited 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- With oneworld® Alliance we’ve expanded our global reach to over 1,000 destinations worldwide, bringing you more airline partners and more ways to earn and redeem miles.
- Flexibility when booking with no blackout dates on Alaska Airlines flights and miles don’t expire on active accounts.
- Plus, no foreign transaction fees and a low $75 annual fee.
- This online only offer may not be available elsewhere if you leave this page. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.