Alaska Airlines Offers Early Boarding to Passengers in ‘Ugly Sweaters’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Turns out that tacky, technicolored sweater your Grandma gifted you last Christmas is actually worth something. Because now, aside from some weird looks on the street, you can also redeem early boarding on Alaska Airlines flights if you wear it to the airport.
On Friday, Dec. 21, Alaska Airlines is getting in on the action of National Ugly Holiday Sweater Day by allowing passengers in ugly sweaters to board their flights early. The promotion, now in its second year, is one day only and available across Alaska’s 116-city network, including all Alaska and Horizon Air flights. All you have to do is show up, and look your best (or worst.)
“This time of year, we consider ourselves the ‘merrier carrier,’ so we love going above and beyond to help our guests embrace the fun, festive side of flying during the holidays,” said Natalie Bowman, managing director of marketing and advertising at Alaska Airlines in a press release. “Whether you’re heading home to celebrate tradition or jetting off to a sunny destination to escape the cold, we recognize your journey begins with us, and we’re happy to make your travels even brighter any way we can.”
Remember, even with a promotion this time-saving, the holiday season being one of the busiest times to travel during the year. Alaska Airlines (and TPG) recommends travelers arrive at the airport at least two hours to best beat that airport congestion.
Featured image by PG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees