Alaska Airlines Offers Early Boarding to Passengers in ‘Ugly Sweaters’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Turns out that tacky, technicolored sweater your Grandma gifted you last Christmas is actually worth something. Because now, aside from some weird looks on the street, you can also redeem early boarding on Alaska Airlines flights if you wear it to the airport.
On Friday, Dec. 21, Alaska Airlines is getting in on the action of National Ugly Holiday Sweater Day by allowing passengers in ugly sweaters to board their flights early. The promotion, now in its second year, is one day only and available across Alaska’s 116-city network, including all Alaska and Horizon Air flights. All you have to do is show up, and look your best (or worst.)
“This time of year, we consider ourselves the ‘merrier carrier,’ so we love going above and beyond to help our guests embrace the fun, festive side of flying during the holidays,” said Natalie Bowman, managing director of marketing and advertising at Alaska Airlines in a press release. “Whether you’re heading home to celebrate tradition or jetting off to a sunny destination to escape the cold, we recognize your journey begins with us, and we’re happy to make your travels even brighter any way we can.”
Remember, even with a promotion this time-saving, the holiday season being one of the busiest times to travel during the year. Alaska Airlines (and TPG) recommends travelers arrive at the airport at least two hours to best beat that airport congestion.
Featured image by PG/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees