Alaska Plastered This NFL Quarterback on the Side of a 737
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve come to the conclusion that Alaska Airlines really likes to paint people onto their aircraft. Every one of their planes has the face of a native Alaskan Inuit on the tail (except for ex-Virgin and some Horizon planes), and the airline recently put a 560-square-foot decal of NBA star Kevin Durant onto a Boeing 737.
Now, Alaska has debuted another aircraft that’s emblazoned with a sports champion who’s important to the airline’s headquarters in Seattle. Images of NFL quarterback Russell Wilson, who plays for the Seattle Seahawks, are now plastered all over an Alaska 737-800.
Two large images of Wilson are on display on either side of the aircraft, and a smaller picture with his tagline “Dream Big. Fly High” sits near a forward boarding door
In celebration of the Seahawks first game of the regular season, travelers on flight 682 from Seattle (SEA) to Denver (DEN) on Friday will be treated to tailgate food, a live DJ and other party favors near Sea-Tac’s C gates.
Seahawks fans are in for another gift, too, anyone who wears Wilson’s Seahawks jersey will be granted early boarding on Alaska Airlines flights departing from Seattle throughout the entire NFL season.
According to FlightRadar24, the aircraft, which is registered N536AS, is scheduled to fly to destinations in Hawaii, Alaska and California over the coming days.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.