This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’ve come to the conclusion that Alaska Airlines really likes to paint people onto their aircraft. Every one of their planes has the face of a native Alaskan Inuit on the tail (except for ex-Virgin and some Horizon planes), and the airline recently put a 560-square-foot decal of NBA star Kevin Durant onto a Boeing 737.
Now, Alaska has debuted another aircraft that’s emblazoned with a sports champion who’s important to the airline’s headquarters in Seattle. Images of NFL quarterback Russell Wilson, who plays for the Seattle Seahawks, are now plastered all over an Alaska 737-800.
Two large images of Wilson are on display on either side of the aircraft, and a smaller picture with his tagline “Dream Big. Fly High” sits near a forward boarding door
In celebration of the Seahawks first game of the regular season, travelers on flight 682 from Seattle (SEA) to Denver (DEN) on Friday will be treated to tailgate food, a live DJ and other party favors near Sea-Tac’s C gates.
Seahawks fans are in for another gift, too, anyone who wears Wilson’s Seahawks jersey will be granted early boarding on Alaska Airlines flights departing from Seattle throughout the entire NFL season.
According to FlightRadar24, the aircraft, which is registered N536AS, is scheduled to fly to destinations in Hawaii, Alaska and California over the coming days.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards