Kevin Durant May Be on Your Next Alaska Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kevin Durant had a good day yesterday, and that’s not just because the Golden State Warriors won the first game of the NBA Finals. The basketball megastar will now find his likeness on something that’s usually reserved for Norwegian historical figures or Emirati Sheikhs.
Alaska rolled out a Boeing 737 with a massive picture of Durant emblazoned on the side of the aircraft’s fuselage.
The 737-900ER is covered in 560 square feet of Durant decals. His wingspan, which as a human is already quite large, measures 50 feet on the aircraft itself.
Durant partnered with Alaska last year to help promote programs that support at risk youth in the Bay Area.
The aircraft was flown to Oakland (OAK) for Game 1 of the NBA Finals. It’s registered N280AK and was delivered to Alaska last September. If you’re interested in riding the aircraft, you can track it on Flight Aware. It appears to be flying to East and West Coast destinations including Boston Logan (BOS), Portland (PDX) and Las Vegas (LAS).
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.