This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kevin Durant had a good day yesterday, and that’s not just because the Golden State Warriors won the first game of the NBA Finals. The basketball megastar will now find his likeness on something that’s usually reserved for Norwegian historical figures or Emirati Sheikhs.
Alaska rolled out a Boeing 737 with a massive picture of Durant emblazoned on the side of the aircraft’s fuselage.
The 737-900ER is covered in 560 square feet of Durant decals. His wingspan, which as a human is already quite large, measures 50 feet on the aircraft itself.
Durant partnered with Alaska last year to help promote programs that support at risk youth in the Bay Area.
The aircraft was flown to Oakland (OAK) for Game 1 of the NBA Finals. It’s registered N280AK and was delivered to Alaska last September. If you’re interested in riding the aircraft, you can track it on Flight Aware. It appears to be flying to East and West Coast destinations including Boston Logan (BOS), Portland (PDX) and Las Vegas (LAS).
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards