This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Kevin Durant had a good day yesterday, and that’s not just because the Golden State Warriors won the first game of the NBA Finals. The basketball megastar will now find his likeness on something that’s usually reserved for Norwegian historical figures or Emirati Sheikhs.
Alaska rolled out a Boeing 737 with a massive picture of Durant emblazoned on the side of the aircraft’s fuselage.
The 737-900ER is covered in 560 square feet of Durant decals. His wingspan, which as a human is already quite large, measures 50 feet on the aircraft itself.
Durant partnered with Alaska last year to help promote programs that support at risk youth in the Bay Area.
The aircraft was flown to Oakland (OAK) for Game 1 of the NBA Finals. It’s registered N280AK and was delivered to Alaska last September. If you’re interested in riding the aircraft, you can track it on Flight Aware. It appears to be flying to East and West Coast destinations including Boston Logan (BOS), Portland (PDX) and Las Vegas (LAS).
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that