Here’s how to earn 50,000 Alaska miles with this latest card offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new card offers and information.
While Alaska miles are some of the hardest to earn, they’re also some of the most valuable out there.
And if you’re planning a trip — especially when it comes to international travel — you’ll be grateful for stocking up on this lucrative currency now. Alaska recently joined the Oneworld alliance, opening the door to a global network of alliance partners, more ways to earn and redeem miles and reciprocal elite benefits.
The latest news is that Alaska has a new welcome offer on the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card: 50,000 bonus miles plus an Alaska Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22). To qualify, you’ll have to make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Here are the details of the publicly available offer.
The Alaska card offer
Get 50,000 bonus miles and Alaska’s Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) with this latest Alaska card offer. To qualify, make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
The card has a $75 annual fee that is not waived the first year.
We have often seen higher targeted offers for this card, but this is as good as it gets for a publicly available welcome offer on this card.
The card itself comes with a nice lineup of perks and benefits. You’ll earn 3 miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases, receive a free checked bag on Alaska Airlines flights, get a 50% discount on Alaska Lounge day passes, 20% inflight savings in the form of a statement credit and an annual companion fare each year your account is renewed.
Why Alaska miles are so worthwhile
Alaska Airlines has managed to build an incredibly valuable frequent flyer program through individual partnerships (and now the Oneworld alliance) with several top-notch carriers.
Between a smattering of different partners (that can provide outsized value to those who know how to finagle the right partner redemptions) and the ability to book free stopovers, the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program is one of our favorites here at TPG.
One of my favorite uses of Alaska miles is to book Cathay Pacific’s incredibly luxurious premium cabins. One-way awards from the U.S. to Asia are only 50,000 miles in business class or 70,000 miles in first class.
This latest publicly available Alaska Airlines card offer is one of the best we’ve seen. Just make sure to brush up on the rules for applying for Bank of America cards, including the 2/3/4 rule, limiting consumers to only being approved for up to four new cards in a 24-month period.
Alaska miles offer some of the best value premium cabin redemptions between the U.S. and Asia, so if you’re in the market for a new airline card, this one is a compelling option.
Additional reporting by Ethan Steinberg.
Featured photo by John Gribben/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees