Here’s how to earn 60,000 Alaska miles, a $100 statement credit and Alaska’s Companion fare with this latest card offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new card offers and information.
While Alaska miles are some of the hardest frequent-flyer miles to earn, they’re also some of the most valuable out there.
And if you’re planning a trip — especially when it comes to international travel — you’ll be grateful for stocking up on this lucrative currency now. Alaska joined the Oneworld alliance in 2021, opening the door to a global network of alliance partners, more ways to earn and redeem miles, and reciprocal elite benefits.
The latest news is that Alaska has a new welcome offer on the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card: 60,000 bonus miles, a $100 statement credit plus an Alaska Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22). To qualify, you’ll have to make purchases of $3,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
This is a significant bump from the previous offer — and you can find this offer by applying directly through Bank of America’s website.
Deals like this tend to last only a few months, so here’s what you need to know.
The information for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The Alaska Airlines card offer
You’ll earn 60,000 bonus miles, a $100 statement credit and Alaska’s Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) with this latest Alaska Airlines credit card offer. To qualify, simply spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
The card has a $75 annual fee that is not waived the first year.
We have often seen higher targeted offers for this card, but this is as good as it gets for this card’s publicly available welcome offer.
The card itself comes with a nice lineup of perks and benefits. You’ll earn 3 miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases, receive a free checked bag on Alaska Airlines flights, get a 50% discount on Alaska Lounge day passes, 20% inflight savings in the form of a statement credit, and an annual companion fare each year your account is renewed.
Why Alaska Airlines miles are so worthwhile
Alaska Airlines has managed to build an incredibly valuable frequent-flyer program through individual partnerships with several top-notch carriers.
Between a smattering of different partners that can provide outsized value (to those who know how to finagle the right partner redemptions) and the ability to book free stopovers, the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program is one of our favorites here at TPG.
One of my favorite uses of Alaska miles is to book Cathay Pacific’s incredibly luxurious premium cabins. One-way awards from the U.S. to Asia are only 50,000 miles in business class or 70,000 miles in first class.
This latest publicly available Alaska Airlines card offer is one of the best we’ve seen — and it may disappear soon.
Alaska miles offer some of the best value premium cabin redemptions between the U.S. and Asia, so if you’re in the market for a new airline card, this one is a compelling option.
Additional reporting by Stella Shon, Ethan Steinberg and Joseph Hostetler.
Featured photo by John Gribben for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees