Here’s how to earn 60,000 Alaska miles, a $100 statement credit and Alaska’s Companion fare with this latest card offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new card offers and information.
While Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles are some of the hardest frequent-flyer miles to earn, they’re also some of the most valuable out there.
And if you’re planning a trip — especially when it comes to international travel — you’ll be grateful for stocking up on this lucrative currency now. Alaska joined the Oneworld alliance in 2021, opening the door to a global network of alliance partners, more ways to earn and redeem miles, and reciprocal elite benefits.
The airline is currently posting a new welcome offer on the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card that’s better than almost anything this card has extended before: 60,000 bonus miles, a $100 statement credit plus an Alaska Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22). To qualify, you’ll have to make purchases of $3,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
This is a significant bump from the previous offer, but in order to receive it, you have to start the ticket-booking process on Alaska’s website and look out for a targeted ad.
Despite that hoop to jump through, you might still want to see if this offer applies to you since bonuses like this tend to last only a few months.
The information for the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The Alaska Airlines card offer
In order to receive this bonus offer, you must go to Alaska Airlines’ website and start the process of booking a ticket. Enter your origin and destination and date, and do a flight search. Then pick a flight, enter only the personal information that is required, skip the seat selection and go to the payment page. At that point, you should see this offer in a banner ad on the right side of the page.
As for the offer, here are the terms: You’ll earn 60,000 bonus miles plus a $100 statement credit and Alaska’s Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
The card has a $75 annual fee that is not waived the first year.
We have often seen higher targeted offers for this card, but this is as good as it gets for this card’s publicly available welcome offer.
The card itself comes with a nice lineup of perks and benefits. You’ll earn 3 miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases, receive a free checked bag on Alaska Airlines flights, get a 50% discount on Alaska Lounge day passes, 20% inflight savings in the form of a statement credit, and an annual companion fare each year your account is renewed.
Why Alaska Airlines miles are so worthwhile
Alaska Airlines has managed to build an incredibly valuable frequent-flyer program through individual partnerships with several top-notch carriers.
Between a smattering of different partners that can provide outsized value (to those who know how to finagle the right partner redemptions) and the ability to book free stopovers, the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program is one of our favorites here at TPG.
One of my favorite uses of Alaska miles is to book Cathay Pacific’s incredibly luxurious premium cabins. One-way awards from the U.S. to Asia are only 50,000 miles in business class or 70,000 miles in first class.
This latest publicly available Alaska Airlines card offer is one of the best we’ve seen — and it may disappear soon.
Alaska miles offer some of the best value premium cabin redemptions between the U.S. and Asia, so if you’re in the market for a new airline card, this one is a compelling option.
Additional reporting by Stella Shon, Ethan Steinberg and Joseph Hostetler.
Featured photo by John Gribben for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees