Check if you’re targeted for incredible 100,000-mile offer on the Alaska Airlines credit card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new card offers and information.
While Alaska miles are some of the hardest to earn, they’re also some of the most valuable out there.
And if you’re planning a trip — especially when it comes to international travel — you’ll be grateful for stocking up on this lucrative currency now. Alaska recently joined the Oneworld alliance, opening the door to a global network of alliance partners, more ways to earn and redeem miles and reciprocal elite benefits.
The latest news is that Alaska is targeting select flyers with a whopper of a credit card sign-up offer: 100,000 miles on the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card. Check your email to see if you qualify.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As an MVP Gold elite member, I received the 100,000-mile targeted bonus. The top of the email states that it’s an “exclusive offer for MileagePlan elite members.”
This targeted bonus is broken down into two tiers: 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 or more on purchases within the first 90 days (three months) of opening your account and another 60,000 bonus miles after spending $15,000 or more on purchases within the first 270 days (nine months) of opening your account.
The information for this Alaska Visa card offer has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
However, even if you don’t receive this targeted bonus, the latest public offer is nothing to sneeze at either (although it’s not nearly as good).
You’ll earn 40,000 bonus miles (worth $720 according to TPG valuations) and Alaska’s Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22). To qualify, you have to make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
Here are the details of the publicly available offer.
The public Alaska card offer
Get 40,000 bonus miles and Alaska’s Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) with this latest Alaska card offer. To qualify, make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
The card has a $75 annual fee that is not waived the first year.
At times, we have seen higher targeted offers for this card, so it is always worth paying attention to your mailbox and email inbox if you are considering applying.
The card itself comes with a nice lineup of perks and benefits. You’ll earn 3x miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases, receive a free checked bag on Alaska Airlines flights, get a 50% discount on Alaska Lounge day passes, 20% inflight savings in the form of a statement credit and an annual companion fare each year your account is renewed.
Why Alaska miles are so worthwhile
Alaska Airlines has managed to build an incredibly valuable frequent flyer program through individual partnerships (and now the Oneworld alliance) with a number of top-notch carriers.
Between a smattering of different partners (that can provide outsized value to those who know how to finagle the right partner redemptions) and the ability to book free stopovers, the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program is one of our favorites here at TPG.
One of my favorite uses of Alaska miles is to book Cathay Pacific’s incredibly luxurious premium cabins. One-way awards from the U.S. to Asia are only 50,000 miles in business class or 70,000 miles in first class.
This latest publicly available Alaska Airlines card offer is solid, although it’s not the best we’ve seen. Before you apply, brush up on the rules for applying for Bank of America cards including the 2/3/4 rule, limiting consumers to only being approved for up to four new cards in a 24-month period.
To see if you’ve been targeted for the 100,000-mile offer, check your email.
Alaska miles offer some of the best value premium cabin redemptions between the U.S. and Asia, so if you’re in the market for a new airline card, this card is a compelling option.
Additional reporting by Ethan Steinberg.
Featured photo by John Gribben/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees