Citi Rewards+ Card 10% Rebate Also Works on Redemptions With Other Citi Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner.
In our review of the no annual fee Citi Rewards+® Card, we applauded the 10% rebate triggered whenever you redeem points. When you redeem your points, you’ll receive 10% points back for the first 100,000 ThankYou points redeemed per calendar year. This means that if you redeem 10,000 points, you’ll receive 1,000 points back.
Out and Out has discovered that the 10% rebate also applies to points earned with other Citi ThankYou cards. If you hold a Citi Prestige® Card, Citi Premier® Card or AT&T Access More card, you can call Citi to have your multiple accounts linked. From there, it’s easy to transfer points between accounts.
The information for the Citi Prestige, AT&T Access More cards has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
In essence, this enables a 10% rebate on up to 100,000 points transferred to one of Citi’s 15 partners, including Air France-KLM Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. This is significant because with the Citi Rewards+, you can only transfer points to JetBlue; to transfer to other partners, you need the Premier or Prestige. There’s no telling if Citi will keep this loophole open, but it’s useful to know if you were planning to make a redemption soon.
If you take full advantage and earn 10,000 points back, that’s worth $170 according to TPG’s latest valuation of Citi points.
Is it worth opening a Rewards+ card just to leverage the 10% bonus? Possibly, but you’ll lose the ability to earn a welcome bonus on other ThankYou cards for 24 months, and it’ll count against your Chase 5/24 status. If you have an older Citi card collecting dust, you could call to convert it to a Rewards+ card without triggering a new account opening. And remember that another cool perk of the Rewards+ is that it rounds all your earning up to the nearest 10 points.
Be sure to check out our guide to redeeming Citi ThankYou points for maximum value.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.