Citi Rewards+ Card 10% Rebate Also Works on Redemptions With Other Citi Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In our review of the no annual fee Citi Rewards+℠ Card, we applauded the 10% rebate triggered whenever you redeem points. When you redeem your points, you’ll receive 10% points back for the first 100,000 points redeemed per calendar year. This means that if you redeem 10,000 points, you’ll receive 1,000 points back.
Out and Out has discovered that the 10% rebate also applies to points earned with other Citi ThankYou cards. If you hold a Citi Prestige® Card, Citi Premier℠ Card or AT&T Access More card, you can call Citi to have your multiple accounts linked. From there, it’s easy to transfer points between accounts.
The information for the Citi Prestige, Citi Premier, AT&T Access More cards has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
In essence, this enables a 10% rebate on up to 100,000 points transferred to one of Citi’s 15 partners, including Air France-KLM Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. This is significant because with the Citi Rewards+, you can only transfer points to JetBlue; to transfer to other partners, you need the Premier or Prestige. There’s no telling if Citi will keep this loophole open, but it’s useful to know if you were planning to make a redemption soon.
If you take full advantage and earn 10,000 points back, that’s worth $170 according to TPG’s latest valuation of Citi points.
Is it worth opening a Rewards+ card just to leverage the 10% bonus? Possibly, but you’ll lose the ability to earn a welcome bonus on other ThankYou cards for 24 months, and it’ll count against your Chase 5/24 status. If you have an older Citi card collecting dust, you could call to convert it to a Rewards+ card without triggering a new account opening. And remember that another cool perk of the Rewards+ is that it rounds all your earning up to the nearest 10 points.
Be sure to check out our guide to redeeming Citi ThankYou points for maximum value.
This new card has no annual fee, 2x bonus categories capped at $6,000 per year, and a unique "rounding up" feature to boost your points earnings. So if you spend $2 on a coffee or water bottle, you'll earn 10 points for the transaction plus you'll also get 10% of your points back on the first 100,000 you redeem per year, so up to 10,000 points back per year.
- The Citi Rewards+℠ Card - the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap.
- Earn 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $150 in gift cards at thankyou.com
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.99% - 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 14.99% - 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.