Book JetBlue’s inaugural Airbus A220 flight from just $69 or 6,300 points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The moment many of us have been waiting for has arrived! JetBlue just confirmed the first flights for one of its latest fleet additions, the Airbus A220.
JetBlue’s A220s will eventually replace the carrier’s aging Embraer E190 aircraft, which are primarily used for shorter or lower-yield flights. At launch, however, the A220 will operate alongside the larger Airbus A320 on flights between Boston (BOS) and Tampa (TPA), before making its way to other routes.
The airline has confirmed the first flight as JetBlue 1391, departing Boston at 4:32 p.m. on April 26, 2021 and arriving in Tampa, Florida at 7:56 p.m. Aircraft assignments are always subject to change — if the A220 does end up flying as planned, you could take advantage of JetBlue’s extended travel waiver to cancel or change your booking without a fee.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
As of this writing, one-way cash fares start at just $69 for the carrier’s “Blue Basic” category, which doesn’t include a seat assignment but is covered by the extended waiver.
Alternatively, you can book an award starting at 6,300 points. If you choose not to travel, your points will be refunded and the $5.60 TSA fee will be deposited in your Travel Bank for use within one year.
Note that the A220 hasn’t been loaded to JetBlue’s booking system yet, so you’ll still see the larger A320 seat map for the moment. You can snag a seat now if you’d like, but you’ll want to check back to confirm your selection within the next few days.
JetBlue is planning to fly the A220 round-trip between Boston and Tampa once each day through the end of April. The airline was unable to confirm route assignments after that time — if you’re hoping to fly it during the first week, you’ll want to lock in one of these trips.
|Flight||Date||Dept Arp||Dept Time||Arvl Arp||Arrv Time|
TPG’s Zach Griff had a chance to check out the carrier’s “swanky” new plane earlier this year — it’s a clear upgrade from the E190, and a more comfortable ride in economy than the larger Airbus A320 family, too.
Aside from the larger windows, my favorite feature is the 2-3 seating arrangement — couples can snag seats together without a stranger joining their row, while families and larger groups can grab a grouping of three seats for more flexibility.
I’d expect the paired seats to go quickly, so if you’re expecting to fly the A220, you might want to lock in your booking a bit further in advance.
With room for 140 passengers, including 30 Even More Space seats with at least 35 inches of pitch and 110 standard coach seats with 32 inches of pitch, you should expect a comfortable ride wherever you end up.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees