After months of delays, British Airways finally gets its first 787-10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just before midday, the shiny new aircraft arrived at its new base at London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR). The plane, registered as G-ZBLA, took off from Boeing in Charleston, South Carolina, (CHS) at 11:37 p.m. as flight BA915 on Saturday evening and flew the 4,064 miles (6,541km) to LHR, where it landed at 11:49 a.m. on Sunday morning.
Get the latest aviation and travel news by signing up for our daily newsletter.
The airline was originally supposed to take delivery of the first of its 12 new Dreamliners months ago, with the first passenger flight originally scheduled for February 2020. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, those plans were delayed. The airline was then scheduled to take delivery of G-ZBLA on May 21, however, that was also delayed.
The original plan was to start flights to Atlanta (ATL), followed by Dallas (DFW) and then Nashville (BNA), but this is likely to have changed because of ongoing complications related to the coronavirus outbreak.
The aircraft, which is the longest variant of the Dreamliner, features eight seats in First, 48 seats in Club Suite, 35 in World Traveller Plus (premium economy) and 165 World Traveller (economy). This will be the only variant of the airline’s fleet of Dreamliners that features the new Club Suite, which was first brought to service on the arrival of the airline’s first A350 in July 2019.
Featured image by James Randell
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees