After months of delays, British Airways finally gets its first 787-10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just before midday, the shiny new aircraft arrived at its new base at London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR). The plane, registered as G-ZBLA, took off from Boeing in Charleston, South Carolina, (CHS) at 11:37 p.m. as flight BA915 on Saturday evening and flew the 4,064 miles (6,541km) to LHR, where it landed at 11:49 a.m. on Sunday morning.
Get the latest aviation and travel news by signing up for our daily newsletter.
The airline was originally supposed to take delivery of the first of its 12 new Dreamliners months ago, with the first passenger flight originally scheduled for February 2020. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, those plans were delayed. The airline was then scheduled to take delivery of G-ZBLA on May 21, however, that was also delayed.
The original plan was to start flights to Atlanta (ATL), followed by Dallas (DFW) and then Nashville (BNA), but this is likely to have changed because of ongoing complications related to the coronavirus outbreak.
The aircraft, which is the longest variant of the Dreamliner, features eight seats in First, 48 seats in Club Suite, 35 in World Traveller Plus (premium economy) and 165 World Traveller (economy). This will be the only variant of the airline’s fleet of Dreamliners that features the new Club Suite, which was first brought to service on the arrival of the airline’s first A350 in July 2019.
Featured image by James Randell
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.