Rolling out: How to fly the British Airways Club Suite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the initial excitement of the launch of the British Airways business class Club Suite in August 2019 over, we now look forward to the rollout of the product across the fleet. Due to the far superior offering over the previous generation Club World, you’re going to want to fly it where possible — and we will keep you informed with the latest information right here.
Club suite roll out
As part of the its Capital Markets Day presentation, BA parent company International Airlines Group (IAG) announced that by 2025, the full Club Suite rollout will be complete, and all Heathrow-based British Airways aircraft will be flying with the new business-class product. While 2025 sounds like a while away, by just 2022, there will be 79% Club Suite coverage, which is an impressive jump from the current 5% status.
Where does the Club Suite fly now?
The Club Suite currently is featured on all British Airways A350-1000 aircraft and select retrofitted Boeing 777-200ER aircraft on the following routes:
- BA107 London Heathrow (LHR) 12:35 p.m. Departure ⇒ Dubai (DXB) 23:45 p.m. Arrival
- BA106 Dubai (DXB) 2:25 a.m. Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 6:25 a.m. Arrival
- BA93 London Heathrow (LHR) 11:40 a.m. Departure ⇒ Toronto (YYZ) 14:45 p.m. Arrival
- BA92 Toronto (YYZ) 18:20 p.m. Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 6:25 a.m. (+1) Arrival
Tel Aviv (TLV; from 1 December 2019)
- BA163 London Heathrow (LHR) 9:10 p.m. Departure ⇒ Tel Aviv (TLV) 03:55 a.m. (+1) Arrival
- BA162 Tel Aviv (TLV) 6:20 a.m. Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 9:45 a.m. Arrival
Bangalore (BLR; from 1 January 2020)
- BA119 London Heathrow (LHR) 1:45 p.m. Departure ⇒ Bangalore (BLR) 5 a.m. (+1) Arrival
- BA118 Bangalore (BLR) 7:05 a.m. Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 12:45 p.m. Arrival
New York–Kennedy (JFK)
- BA173 London Heathrow (LHR) 11:20 a.m. Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 2:05 p.m. Arrival
- BA112 New York (JFK) 6:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ London Heathrow (LHR) 6:30 a.m. (+1) Arrival
Where will the Club Suite fly next?
Solid information is hard to come by, but we aim to keep this list as current as possible as new information comes to light. As the retrofitted 777s and new 787-10s come into service, they will service a number of routes on certain rotations. As far as we are aware, the following routes will benefit from Club Suite on select flights:
2 January — Seattle (SEA)
14 January — Nairobi (NBO)
28 January — Chicago (ORD)
30 January — Abuja (ABV)
1 February — Kuwait City (KWI)
2 February — Boston (BOS)
20 February — Jeddah (JED)
February — Atlanta (ATL) (on the yet-to-be-delivered 787-10)
11 March — Philadelphia (PHL)
The following routes are initially scheduled to be operated one time only (two times in the case of Dammam) by the aircraft:
8 & 10 January — Dammam, Bahrain (BAH)
21 January — Newark, New York (EWR)
Note that all of these routes and dates are subject to change without notice.
How to book the Club Suite
Business-class tickets out of London are notoriously expensive, but Tel Aviv does look reasonable on many dates next year from £1,137 ($1,427) return.
However, by departing from a different European city, and connecting through London to pick up your Club Suite flight, you may find dramatically cheaper tickets. For example, return flights to Toronto from London in Club Suite costs £3,036 ($3,826). But pick Amsterdam as your departure airport on the same dates, and the overall cost drops to £1,345 ($1,692).
Points and miles
Using Avios is the easiest route for most Brits to book seats on aircraft with Club Suite. Here is a roundup of one way Avios costs (peak/off-peak).
Tel Aviv (TLV):
- World Traveller — 10,000 / 12,500 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 20,000 / 25,000 Avios
- Club World/Suite — 31,250 / 37,500 Avios
- World Traveller — 16,250 / 25,000 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 32,500 / 50,000 Avios
- Club World/Suite — 62,500 / 75,000 Avios
New York (JFK) / Toronto (YYZ)
- World Traveller — 13,000 / 20,000 Avios
- World Traveller Plus — 26,000 / 40,000 Avios
- Club World/Suite — 50,000 / 60,000 Avios
- First (JFK only) — 68,000 / 80,000
Upgrade Using Avios
If you don’t have a huge stash of Avios, there are other efficient options available to you. I recently booked a trip to Dubai with a friend for next March. Cheap World Traveller Plus tickets were available for £700 ($876) return. It’s handy to remember that whilst only fully flexible and therefore very expensive economy BA tickets are upgradeable, almost all World Traveller Plus (premium economy) tickets are upgradeable with Avios.
During the booking process I used the “Upgrade Using Avios” option and spent 26,000 Avios to upgrade to Club World, ensuring the flight I booked was on an A350 aircraft, thus securing a Club Suite.
The ways to fly the new BA Club World product, Club Suite, increase month by month. Keep checking back here to stay abreast of the latest but if you simply can’t wait, there are already plenty of cash and points-efficient ways to get yourself in a Club Suite.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees