One-day only: Earn up to 10X miles on Apple purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The holidays are here, and the name of the TPG shopping game is to earn as many miles and points as you can for those holiday expenses. In fact, you can easily turn the cost of those gifts into your next vacation … if you play your cards right.
If any Apple products (like the fancy new iPhone) are on your shopping list, today is a good day to press “add to cart.” There are one-day only (Dec. 9) elevated bonus mileage offers for Apple.com purchases across many airline sites.
Here’s what you can earn:
- American: Earn 10 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
- Alaska: Earn 8 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
- United: Earn 8 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
- Delta: Earn 6 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
- Southwest: Earn 4 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
You should always compare the top earning rates for various retailers before making a big purchase, though how you value your miles will play into which offer is best overall.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To put math to this, if you purchased a rose gold 256 GB iPhone 11 Pro for $1149 through the AAdvantage Shopping portal (without a trade-in discount), you’d earn 11,490 AAdvantage miles. Those miles are worth $160 according to TPG’s most recent valuations. If you can time your award redemption with some of American’s frequent web specials, those 11k miles could be more than enough to fund an entire American Airlines round-trip award flight!
There are some restrictions on what you can purchase at these increased award rates — gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping are typically ineligible to earn miles, though always check the fine print before you press purchase.
Whenever you make a large electronic purchase, be sure to use a credit card with purchase protection and extended warranty benefits. Benefits vary from card to card, but you may have success getting compensated if your product gets damaged or destroyed during the coverage period. Multiple TPG staffers have had success getting their Apple products covered through credit card protections.
If you’re picking up a pricey new phone, it’s a good time to ensure your monthly cellphone bill is paid with a card that will help protect your phone in the event of loss or damage beyond those initial few months when purchase protection is in play.
Here is a rundown of the best credit cards to use for Apple purchases. If you are still narrowing down what to buy, here are 7 travel must-haves with Apple’s new iPhone 11s, Series 5 Watch and some top TPG gift guide picks for 2019.
The one-day Apple promo is an easy way to rack up points, but don’t wait on the deals as they’ll be gone tomorrow!
Featured photo by Don Arnold/WireImage.
Additional reporting by Victoria Walker/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.