Today only — earn up to 5x miles on Apple purchases
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post is regularly updated with new information and offers.
Is it time to pull the plug on getting the next iPhone or to upgrade the technology in your home office? If so, today is a good day to buy the Apple products that have been sitting in your shopping cart because several airlines are offering bonus miles for purchases made online through Apple.com.
Here are the elevated earnings you’ll receive on Apple purchases today:
- American: Earn 4 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
- Alaska: Earn 4 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
- Delta: Earn 4 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
- Southwest: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
- United: Earn 5 mile per dollar at Apple (typically 1x)
You should always use a shopping portal aggregator to compare the top-earning rates for various retailers before making a big purchase. How you value your miles will affect which offer is best for you overall. Just know that bonuses based on spend thresholds, such as American’s, won’t always be listed on these aggregators.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
How miles can add up
If you purchase the Apple Watch Series 6 with a Solo Loop for $399 through the AAdvantage Shopping portal, you’ll earn 1,596 AAdvantage miles. Those miles are worth $22.34, according to TPG valuations, and they could be worth even more if you can find the right flight to redeem them on.
As a reminder, American frequently has web specials where domestic flights start at just 5,000 miles each way.
Just note that there are some restrictions on what you can purchase at these increased award rates: Gift cards, gift wrap, Apple Developer Programs and shipping are typically ineligible to earn miles. You also won’t earn points on Apple’s newest releases, such as the new Apple AirTag, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Siri Remote, AirPods Max, Apple Pro Display XDR or the newest iPad. Always check the fine print before you buy.
Which credit cards to use
Surprisingly, the Apple Card isn’t necessarily the best card for making Apple purchases.
Although it offers a decent return, given the high cost of Apple’s devices, you should focus on credit cards with purchase protection and extended warranty benefits instead. Benefits vary from card to card, but you may have success getting compensated if your product gets damaged or destroyed during the coverage period. Multiple TPG staffers have had success getting their Apple products covered through credit card protections.
The information for the Apple Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you’re picking up a pricey new phone, it’s good to have a card that will help protect your phone in the event of loss or damage beyond those initial few months when purchase protection is in play, such as the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card.
The information for the Apple card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
For more online shopping deals, see:
- Get $10 off your next Amazon order using just 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point
- Get $20 off your next Amazon order using just 1 Citi ThankYou point
- Save up to $50 on Amazon purchases using just one Amex point with this targeted deal
Featured photo by JOHANNES EISELE/AFP via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees