The Anthony Bourdain Food Trail Is Officially Open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those who experience wanderlust through the quest to try new foods, the loss of intrepid traveler Anthony Bourdain was devastating — and not just for those who love to travel for food experiences, but the culinary world in general. And now, there’s a new way to relive the food adventures Bourdain inspired.
Only weeks after Bourdain’s death, a bill was introduced in New Jersey to create an Anthony Bourdain Food Trail in the state. That memorial for the famed chef, who was actually raised in the small suburban town of Leonia, New Jersey, is now reality, according to a report by NJ.com and officially opened for business on June 13.
The food trail features 10 different stops throughout New Jersey, where Bourdain filmed a 2015 episode of his CNN show Parts Unknown, noted by an official Anthony Bourdain Food Trail plaque. If you’re ready to check out some of Bourdain’s favorite culinary experiences across New Jersey, here are all of the stops along the trail:
- Hiram’s Roadstand
- Tony’s Baltimore Grill
- Dock’s Oyster House
- James’ Salt Water Taffy
- Knife & Fork Inn
- Donkey’s Place
- Tony & Ruth Steaks
- Frank’s Deli
- Lucille’s Country Cooking
For those with a trip to Vietnam in the works, you can also take a Bourdain-inspired food tour that kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City. The highlight is a visit to Hanoi, where you’ll eat at the same spot Bourdain ate bun cha with Barack Obama.
In the meantime, read up on the timeless lessons Bourdain taught us about travel — and life.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Ian West/PA Images via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees