The Anthony Bourdain Food Trail Is Officially Open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those who experience wanderlust through the quest to try new foods, the loss of intrepid traveler Anthony Bourdain was devastating — and not just for those who love to travel for food experiences, but the culinary world in general. And now, there’s a new way to relive the food adventures Bourdain inspired.
Only weeks after Bourdain’s death, a bill was introduced in New Jersey to create an Anthony Bourdain Food Trail in the state. That memorial for the famed chef, who was actually raised in the small suburban town of Leonia, New Jersey, is now reality, according to a report by NJ.com and officially opened for business on June 13.
The food trail features 10 different stops throughout New Jersey, where Bourdain filmed a 2015 episode of his CNN show Parts Unknown, noted by an official Anthony Bourdain Food Trail plaque. If you’re ready to check out some of Bourdain’s favorite culinary experiences across New Jersey, here are all of the stops along the trail:
- Hiram’s Roadstand
- Tony’s Baltimore Grill
- Dock’s Oyster House
- James’ Salt Water Taffy
- Knife & Fork Inn
- Donkey’s Place
- Tony & Ruth Steaks
- Frank’s Deli
- Lucille’s Country Cooking
For those with a trip to Vietnam in the works, you can also take a Bourdain-inspired food tour that kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City. The highlight is a visit to Hanoi, where you’ll eat at the same spot Bourdain ate bun cha with Barack Obama.
In the meantime, read up on the timeless lessons Bourdain taught us about travel — and life.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Ian West/PA Images via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.