This Food Tour Will Take You to All the Places Anthony Bourdain Ate in Vietnam
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Anthony Bourdain paved the way for so many world travelers, on the hunt for new flavors and one tour company is working to continue on in his legacy.
Exotic Voyages — a company based in Vietnam — is taking a cue from Bourdain’s 2016 travels in the country by offering a tour titled “A Tribute to Anthony Bourdain: Taste of Vietnam.” This is far from the afternoon-long food tour you may be used to. This mammoth experience spans 14 days, 13 nights and brings you through nine different cities.
The tour was organized by the same person who helped Bourdain plan his own travels through the country as he filmed ‘Parts Unknown.’ “The experience of a lifetime not only helped me understand the man himself but how his love for my beautiful Vietnam developed over good food and conversation,” says Diep Nguyen, Vietnam Travel Expert for Exotic Voyages. “To say thanks and pay tribute to Anthony Bourdain, the [tour] is everything I would like to offer for everyone who loves him, has fallen for (or is curious about) Vietnam, and, of course, would love our food.”
The tour kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City, at Com Neiu restaurant. There you’ll enjoy a welcome clay pot rice dinner, according to Lonely Planet, which is known as one of Bourdain’s favorite places in the country.
From there, you’ll be whisked away on a cruise down the Chet Say River. And don’t worry — it wouldn’t be a true Bourdain experience if you didn’t partake in a fair share of street food. But the highlight of the trip may be a visit to Hanoi, where you’ll eat at the same spot Bourdain ate bun cha with Barack Obama.
While food is the focus, the tour offers the occasional distraction in the form of scooter tours, hikes, shopping expeditions, and other landmarks.
Rates start at $3,755 per person and include all food and accommodations. Sound like your kind of vacation? Read more about the tour and how to book a spot on the Exotic Voyages website.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.