This Food Tour Will Take You to All the Places Anthony Bourdain Ate in Vietnam
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Anthony Bourdain paved the way for so many world travelers, on the hunt for new flavors and one tour company is working to continue on in his legacy.
Exotic Voyages — a company based in Vietnam — is taking a cue from Bourdain’s 2016 travels in the country by offering a tour titled “A Tribute to Anthony Bourdain: Taste of Vietnam.” This is far from the afternoon-long food tour you may be used to. This mammoth experience spans 14 days, 13 nights and brings you through nine different cities.
The tour was organized by the same person who helped Bourdain plan his own travels through the country as he filmed ‘Parts Unknown.’ “The experience of a lifetime not only helped me understand the man himself but how his love for my beautiful Vietnam developed over good food and conversation,” says Diep Nguyen, Vietnam Travel Expert for Exotic Voyages. “To say thanks and pay tribute to Anthony Bourdain, the [tour] is everything I would like to offer for everyone who loves him, has fallen for (or is curious about) Vietnam, and, of course, would love our food.”
The tour kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City, at Com Neiu restaurant. There you’ll enjoy a welcome clay pot rice dinner, according to Lonely Planet, which is known as one of Bourdain’s favorite places in the country.
From there, you’ll be whisked away on a cruise down the Chet Say River. And don’t worry — it wouldn’t be a true Bourdain experience if you didn’t partake in a fair share of street food. But the highlight of the trip may be a visit to Hanoi, where you’ll eat at the same spot Bourdain ate bun cha with Barack Obama.
While food is the focus, the tour offers the occasional distraction in the form of scooter tours, hikes, shopping expeditions, and other landmarks.
Rates start at $3,755 per person and include all food and accommodations. Sound like your kind of vacation? Read more about the tour and how to book a spot on the Exotic Voyages website.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees