Amex’s New DFW Centurion Lounge Will Open In October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
First some bad news — Amex’s current DFW Centurion Lounge location, which was closed for repairs and expected to re-open next week, is now permanently closed. This is surely a disappointing development for Dallas-Fort Worth regulars — especially those planning to visit on the lounge’s scheduled re-opening date of August 14.
The silver lining is that a new, larger location will open in early October:
“Due to additional maintenance needed in our current DFW Centurion Lounge location, we will not be reopening this space. However, we look forward to welcoming Card Members into our new expanded Centurion Lounge location in DFW airport in early October, which will be located across from Gate D12 (near the Starbucks and Duty Free). We apologize for any inconvenience.”
Considering that it can take years to identify and build out a location, that sounds like a miraculous turnaround time — the thing is, we’ve already been expecting a new lounge to open this year, which makes the timing of the current lounge’s “temporary” closure seems especially bizarre. The new location measures 12,730 square feet, up from 9,000 square feet with the previous lounge.
Amex’s Centurion Lounge team clearly has its hands full at the moment — the company plans to open three locations next year, in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK), joining these Centurion Lounges already available today:
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Houston (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Miami (MIA)
- New York (LGA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
As former TPG intern Lan Paje pointed out following his 2017 Centurion Lounge tour, the Dallas-Fort Worth location was one of the busiest he experienced, so an expanded offering will certainly be a welcome addition at DFW.
In the meantime, Amex points out that cardmembers do have other options throughout the airport — including The Club at DFW, the Delta Sky Club (when flying Delta) and two Minute Suites locations — as they await the new location’s grand opening in October.
As a reminder, Centurion Lounge access is limited to customers with a Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express. Eligible cardmembers can bring two guests and purchase $50 day passes for additional guests.
Featured image of the former DFW location by Lan Paje.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees