Amex’s New DFW Centurion Lounge Will Open In October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
First some bad news — Amex’s current DFW Centurion Lounge location, which was closed for repairs and expected to re-open next week, is now permanently closed. This is surely a disappointing development for Dallas-Fort Worth regulars — especially those planning to visit on the lounge’s scheduled re-opening date of August 14.
The silver lining is that a new, larger location will open in early October:
“Due to additional maintenance needed in our current DFW Centurion Lounge location, we will not be reopening this space. However, we look forward to welcoming Card Members into our new expanded Centurion Lounge location in DFW airport in early October, which will be located across from Gate D12 (near the Starbucks and Duty Free). We apologize for any inconvenience.”
Considering that it can take years to identify and build out a location, that sounds like a miraculous turnaround time — the thing is, we’ve already been expecting a new lounge to open this year, which makes the timing of the current lounge’s “temporary” closure seems especially bizarre. The new location measures 12,730 square feet, up from 9,000 square feet with the previous lounge.
Amex’s Centurion Lounge team clearly has its hands full at the moment — the company plans to open three locations next year, in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK), joining these Centurion Lounges already available today:
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Houston (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Miami (MIA)
- New York (LGA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
As former TPG intern Lan Paje pointed out following his 2017 Centurion Lounge tour, the Dallas-Fort Worth location was one of the busiest he experienced, so an expanded offering will certainly be a welcome addition at DFW.
In the meantime, Amex points out that cardmembers do have other options throughout the airport — including The Club at DFW, the Delta Sky Club (when flying Delta) and two Minute Suites locations — as they await the new location’s grand opening in October.
As a reminder, Centurion Lounge access is limited to customers with a Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express. Eligible cardmembers can bring two guests and purchase $50 day passes for additional guests.
Featured image of the former DFW location by Lan Paje.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees