Amex’s New DFW Centurion Lounge Will Open In October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
First some bad news — Amex’s current DFW Centurion Lounge location, which was closed for repairs and expected to re-open next week, is now permanently closed. This is surely a disappointing development for Dallas-Fort Worth regulars — especially those planning to visit on the lounge’s scheduled re-opening date of August 14.
The silver lining is that a new, larger location will open in early October:
“Due to additional maintenance needed in our current DFW Centurion Lounge location, we will not be reopening this space. However, we look forward to welcoming Card Members into our new expanded Centurion Lounge location in DFW airport in early October, which will be located across from Gate D12 (near the Starbucks and Duty Free). We apologize for any inconvenience.”
Considering that it can take years to identify and build out a location, that sounds like a miraculous turnaround time — the thing is, we’ve already been expecting a new lounge to open this year, which makes the timing of the current lounge’s “temporary” closure seems especially bizarre. The new location measures 12,730 square feet, up from 9,000 square feet with the previous lounge.
Amex’s Centurion Lounge team clearly has its hands full at the moment — the company plans to open three locations next year, in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK), joining these Centurion Lounges already available today:
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Houston (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Miami (MIA)
- New York (LGA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
As former TPG intern Lan Paje pointed out following his 2017 Centurion Lounge tour, the Dallas-Fort Worth location was one of the busiest he experienced, so an expanded offering will certainly be a welcome addition at DFW.
In the meantime, Amex points out that cardmembers do have other options throughout the airport — including The Club at DFW, the Delta Sky Club (when flying Delta) and two Minute Suites locations — as they await the new location’s grand opening in October.
As a reminder, Centurion Lounge access is limited to customers with a Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express. Eligible cardmembers can bring two guests and purchase $50 day passes for additional guests.
Featured image of the former DFW location by Lan Paje.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees