American Airlines Just Released the Trendiest Amenity Kits We’ve Ever Seen
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines thinks it serves the best burger in New York — and now, it’s trying to woo us all with its new amenity kits. Well, consider me woo’ed.
The airline teamed up with brands such as This Is Ground, STATE and Athltetic Propulsion Labs; yes, APL, the sneaker company you keep seeing all over your Instagram feed. APL also does collaborations with SoulCycle from time to time and is sold in stores like Bandier, so you know they’re legit.
You’ll find the APL-branded kits on cross-country Flagship First and Business routes, complete with skincare products from Zenology, an oversized eye mask, and a FlyFit hydration pack and earplugs. In related news: You’re on your way to becoming a travel and fitness influencer.
The International Flagship First and Business kits are designed from This Is Ground, a leather accessory company. They’ll also feature skincare products, this time from Allies of Skin, and will feature a few different colors and styles. Personally, I’m least impressed with these, even though they’re on the longest routes and are supposed to be the best of the best.
If you’re flying in international premium economy, you’ll be treated to kits designed by STATE, another popular millennial clothing brand. The skincare products you’ll find inside will be designed by Baxter of California. If they really wanted to appeal to millennials, they’d opt for Drunk Elephant, Glossier or Mario Badescu or even some activated charcoal, but you know what they say… ya win some, ya lose some.
The airline has a habit of refreshing its amenity kits every year or so; last year, they featured ones designed by Cole Haan. You can start to find the new and improved ones on premium routes starting in mid-February.
TPG reader Henry says, “What American announced today is a step in the right direction for a more premium looking-kit. The case itself — especially long haul biz and first class cases look very nice — has a much better design, and is much more useful to the traveler than what American has been offering.” Of course, no one is going to pick their airline loyalty based off the amenity kits, but it could be the cherry on top… or end of the road.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.