American Airlines Just Released the Trendiest Amenity Kits We’ve Ever Seen
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines thinks it serves the best burger in New York — and now, it’s trying to woo us all with its new amenity kits. Well, consider me woo’ed.
The airline teamed up with brands such as This Is Ground, STATE and Athltetic Propulsion Labs; yes, APL, the sneaker company you keep seeing all over your Instagram feed. APL also does collaborations with SoulCycle from time to time and is sold in stores like Bandier, so you know they’re legit.
You’ll find the APL-branded kits on cross-country Flagship First and Business routes, complete with skincare products from Zenology, an oversized eye mask, and a FlyFit hydration pack and earplugs. In related news: You’re on your way to becoming a travel and fitness influencer.
The International Flagship First and Business kits are designed from This Is Ground, a leather accessory company. They’ll also feature skincare products, this time from Allies of Skin, and will feature a few different colors and styles. Personally, I’m least impressed with these, even though they’re on the longest routes and are supposed to be the best of the best.
If you’re flying in international premium economy, you’ll be treated to kits designed by STATE, another popular millennial clothing brand. The skincare products you’ll find inside will be designed by Baxter of California. If they really wanted to appeal to millennials, they’d opt for Drunk Elephant, Glossier or Mario Badescu or even some activated charcoal, but you know what they say… ya win some, ya lose some.
The airline has a habit of refreshing its amenity kits every year or so; last year, they featured ones designed by Cole Haan. You can start to find the new and improved ones on premium routes starting in mid-February.
TPG reader Henry says, “What American announced today is a step in the right direction for a more premium looking-kit. The case itself — especially long haul biz and first class cases look very nice — has a much better design, and is much more useful to the traveler than what American has been offering.” Of course, no one is going to pick their airline loyalty based off the amenity kits, but it could be the cherry on top… or end of the road.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees