This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever wanted to go full millennial in an Admirals Club? Well, soon you’ll have your chance. American Airlines announced on Monday that it’s rolling out avocado toast stations in select Admirals Clubs in April.
Admirals Club visitors at select clubs will be able to get avocado toast with “toppings like tomatoes, prosciutto and smoked salmon” at select clubs starting April 3. The avocado toast service will operate from 7:00am-10:00am beginning in Admirals Clubs in Charlotte (CLT), Washington Reagan (DCA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), Phoenix (PHX) and Philadelphia (PHL).
An American Airlines spokesperson anticipated our first question: Will this replace the “infamous guacamole stations?” Thankfully, the answer is no; the guacamole stations will remain in clubs in the afternoon, while avocado toast will be served in the mornings.
You’re going to need access to the Admirals Club to be able to enjoy the avocado toast and/or the guacamole stations. In order to enter, you need to be an AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum member on a qualifying international itinerary or a non-AA Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald to enter the club. Or, if you want club access — and avocado toast — on domestic flights or as a non-elite, the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard is your friend. Not only will you get Admirals Club access anytime you’re in the airport, even when flying another airline, you’ll also be able to share this access with up to 10 authorized users for no additional cost. And each cardholder will be able to guest in two avocado toast-deficient guests as well, meaning one account can net up to 33 Admirals Club entries at one time.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 50,000 miles are worth $700. In addition, you can earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) toward elite status after spending $40,000 in a calendar year. As of July 23, 2017 this is the only card that offers Admirals Club lounge access so if you are an AA flyer this card might make sense for you. Aside from lounge access the primary cardholder will receive a Global Entry application fee credit every 5 years, first checked bag free for up to 8 travel companions on domestic itineraries and a 25% discount on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines flights.
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- Admirals Club® membership for you and guests with you*
- Complimentary Admirals Club® lounge access for authorized users
- Earn 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after you spend $40,000 in purchases within the year*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to eight companions traveling with you on the same reservation*