Get it while you can: Fly to Fiji, Australia or New Zealand for 20,000 Alaska miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Has Fiji been calling your name? Is it the soothing sound of waves gently lapping on the shore or the idea of saving thousands of dollars at a waterfront resort with reward points? How about Australia or Auckland?
Regardless of the reason, if you’ve been hankering for a tropical getaway and have a stash of Alaska miles tucked away, you’re in luck. Until Feb. 29, 2020, Alaska Airlines customers can save up to 50% on award tickets redeemed on Fiji Airways. Otherwise, tickets booked with cash will earn 2x the miles between Feb. 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020 after registering for this promotion.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This is an awesome deal for those looking to head around the world, and while the offer is valid for both business and economy class tickets, you’ll save the most when booking economy:
The terms state only that you need to book tickets by Feb. 29, so you can lock this in for flights up to the beginning of December 2020.
Even better, Alaska allows one free stopover on award tickets, which means you can fly from the U.S. to Fiji, hang out for a few days, and continue onwards to Sydney for — you guessed it — 20,000 miles:
If you’re flying out of Los Angeles (LAX), you could even get lucky and score business-class seats on Fiji Airways’ new A350, which features 33 full-flat Super Diamond seats made by Collins Aerospace.
This is an awesome deal all around and I expect availability to be snapped up, so if you’re looking to take advantage, do it now!
Feature photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.