Get it while you can: Fly to Fiji, Australia or New Zealand for 20,000 Alaska miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Has Fiji been calling your name? Is it the soothing sound of waves gently lapping on the shore or the idea of saving thousands of dollars at a waterfront resort with reward points? How about Australia or Auckland?
Regardless of the reason, if you’ve been hankering for a tropical getaway and have a stash of Alaska miles tucked away, you’re in luck. Until Feb. 29, 2020, Alaska Airlines customers can save up to 50% on award tickets redeemed on Fiji Airways. Otherwise, tickets booked with cash will earn 2x the miles between Feb. 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020 after registering for this promotion.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This is an awesome deal for those looking to head around the world, and while the offer is valid for both business and economy class tickets, you’ll save the most when booking economy:
The terms state only that you need to book tickets by Feb. 29, so you can lock this in for flights up to the beginning of December 2020.
Even better, Alaska allows one free stopover on award tickets, which means you can fly from the U.S. to Fiji, hang out for a few days, and continue onwards to Sydney for — you guessed it — 20,000 miles:
If you’re flying out of Los Angeles (LAX), you could even get lucky and score business-class seats on Fiji Airways’ new A350, which features 33 full-flat Super Diamond seats made by Collins Aerospace.
This is an awesome deal all around and I expect availability to be snapped up, so if you’re looking to take advantage, do it now!
Feature photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees