Fiji Airways shows off new A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fiji Airways announced earlier this year that it would be taking delivery of two A350-900s to add to its long-haul fleet. Now, for the first time, we are getting a look inside the plane, which features a stunning new business class cabin in addition to sleek economy seating.
The two aircraft will feature 33 of the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond, fully lie-flat Business Class beds, in a 1-2-1 configuration. These seats are already in use by Virgin Australia, Air Canada, and Qatar Airways. The seat was also selected for the new British Airways Club World Business Suites.
Economy class features Recaro CL3710 seating, with 39 seats offering extra legroom:
Fiji is set to operate its new planes between Nadi International Airport (NAN) and Sydney starting in December. Routes will then be expanded — once the second aircraft is delivered — to include NAN to Los Angeles (LAX). Starting in January of 2020, the LAX service is scheduled for six weekly flights.
If you’re looking to book a ride on the A350 you have plenty of options for redeeming miles, as Fiji is a Oneworld Connect partner. This means you can check for award availability with partners like American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas. Of course if you’re paying for your ticket it also means you can credit your flight miles to one of these partners as well.
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.