Fiji Airways shows off new A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fiji Airways announced earlier this year that it would be taking delivery of two A350-900s to add to its long-haul fleet. Now, for the first time, we are getting a look inside the plane, which features a stunning new business class cabin in addition to sleek economy seating.
The two aircraft will feature 33 of the Collins Aerospace Super Diamond, fully lie-flat Business Class beds, in a 1-2-1 configuration. These seats are already in use by Virgin Australia, Air Canada, and Qatar Airways. The seat was also selected for the new British Airways Club World Business Suites.
Economy class features Recaro CL3710 seating, with 39 seats offering extra legroom:
Fiji is set to operate its new planes between Nadi International Airport (NAN) and Sydney starting in December. Routes will then be expanded — once the second aircraft is delivered — to include NAN to Los Angeles (LAX). Starting in January of 2020, the LAX service is scheduled for six weekly flights.
If you’re looking to book a ride on the A350 you have plenty of options for redeeming miles, as Fiji is a Oneworld Connect partner. This means you can check for award availability with partners like American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas. Of course if you’re paying for your ticket it also means you can credit your flight miles to one of these partners as well.
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees