This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the most talked about airliners of the 2018 Farnborough Air Show isn’t even new. Last week, at a surprise event at Airbus’ facility in Toulouse, the manufacturer unveiled its new name for the Bombardier C Series — immediately rebranding it as the Airbus A220.
Following the announcement, we not only had a chance to tour the new plane, but with more time on board at Farnborough this week, we were able to capture a video tour of this not-actually-brand-new jet.
The Airbus A220 will soon become a common sight at a handful of US carriers.
The smaller A220-100 will launch with Delta first, beginning later this year, while the larger model will enter JetBlue’s fleet beginning in 2020.
A new start-up carrier, with the working name “Moxy,” just placed a very large order for the A220, too.
While I have yet to fly on an A220 myself, TPG’s Lori Zaino reviewed airBaltic’s version, while contributor Paul Thompson boasts that the aircraft offers “the most comfortable economy class you’ll find.”
For more on the Airbus A220, see:
- Comparing Economy Seat Pitch on the Airbus A220-300
- A Look Inside the First Airbus A220-300
- Airbus Unveils Its Newest Plane, the A220
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel