Airbnb’s Offering the Chance to Sleep Atop 1 of the 7 Wonders of the World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbnb’s “Night At” giveaway series has gained a lot of traction over the past few years, offering winners one-of-a-kind sleepovers at some of the most iconic attractions on earth, such as the London Eye, the Guinness Brewery in Dublin and a floating home on the Great Barrier Reef. But now it’s taking the giveaway to even greater heights — quite literally.
The vacation rental company has partnered with the Beijing Tourism Development Committee and will be flying four lucky winners (and their chosen companions) to spend a night on one of the seven wonders of the world: the Great Wall of China. (Yes, on the wall — not just some home overlooking it.) Guests will stay in a cozy bedroom created within one of the wall’s centuries-old towers and have unprecedented 360-degree views of the wall and night sky. This will make the winners the first people in thousands of years to spend a night atop the 13,000-mile-long wonder of the world.
Besides the flights and accommodations, winners will enjoy a traditional multi-course dinner, Chinese musical experience and participate in hands-on activities such as stamp making and learning calligraphy. Additionally, winners will get regular Airbnb accommodations and three meals a day for the rest of their time in Beijing.
To enter, head over to Airbnb’s listing, log in and answer the following questions: “Why is it more important now than ever to break down barriers between cultures? How would you want to build new connections? Share your own story why you deserve this magical night.”
The official rules can be found on Airbnb’s site, but those interested in joining the contest should be available for travel around September 3 through September 9, must be at least 21 years old and must have active Airbnb accounts in good standing. The entry deadline is August 11 and winners will be selected August 13.
Should you win, you’ll have a few house rules to follow:
- Respect the neighbors, all 1.38 billion of them.
- No loud music that might disturb the ancient wall guards.
- Do not attempt to scale, skip, jump over, crawl under, or run the length of the wall.
- If you see any dragons, do not disturb them, but be sure to report it. On social media.
All images courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.