Airbnb’s Offering the Chance to Sleep Atop 1 of the 7 Wonders of the World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbnb’s “Night At” giveaway series has gained a lot of traction over the past few years, offering winners one-of-a-kind sleepovers at some of the most iconic attractions on earth, such as the London Eye, the Guinness Brewery in Dublin and a floating home on the Great Barrier Reef. But now it’s taking the giveaway to even greater heights — quite literally.
The vacation rental company has partnered with the Beijing Tourism Development Committee and will be flying four lucky winners (and their chosen companions) to spend a night on one of the seven wonders of the world: the Great Wall of China. (Yes, on the wall — not just some home overlooking it.) Guests will stay in a cozy bedroom created within one of the wall’s centuries-old towers and have unprecedented 360-degree views of the wall and night sky. This will make the winners the first people in thousands of years to spend a night atop the 13,000-mile-long wonder of the world.
Besides the flights and accommodations, winners will enjoy a traditional multi-course dinner, Chinese musical experience and participate in hands-on activities such as stamp making and learning calligraphy. Additionally, winners will get regular Airbnb accommodations and three meals a day for the rest of their time in Beijing.
To enter, head over to Airbnb’s listing, log in and answer the following questions: “Why is it more important now than ever to break down barriers between cultures? How would you want to build new connections? Share your own story why you deserve this magical night.”
The official rules can be found on Airbnb’s site, but those interested in joining the contest should be available for travel around September 3 through September 9, must be at least 21 years old and must have active Airbnb accounts in good standing. The entry deadline is August 11 and winners will be selected August 13.
Should you win, you’ll have a few house rules to follow:
- Respect the neighbors, all 1.38 billion of them.
- No loud music that might disturb the ancient wall guards.
- Do not attempt to scale, skip, jump over, crawl under, or run the length of the wall.
- If you see any dragons, do not disturb them, but be sure to report it. On social media.
All images courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees