For One Night Only, the London Eye Will Transform One of Its Pods Into a Hotel Room
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From a Finding Dory-inspired night floating on the Great Barrier Reef to a slumber party at Taco Bell, quirky accommodations have been a mainstay of Airbnb’s business. Now, TripAdvisor Rentals is getting in on the fun with its new “Eye Spy A Home In The Sky” contest, which will see one lucky winner and a guest become the first people ever to spend the night in the London Eye. It’s a one-of-a-kind view, to be sure: the one-night-only hotel pod will be perched 443 feet above ground and offer 360-degree views of the city.
The contest is being presented in partnership with online retailer Wayfair, which has taken its design inspiration from a high-end rain forest retreat, so you can expect a glasshouse-style structure with lots of leafy foliage and natural textiles. TripAdvisor’s site describes it as being a roof-top garden with views of London from every angle.
The winner will be announced on March 20, and will hop aboard the London Eye on March 30. In addition to the sky-high stay, the winner and his or her guest will spend three nights at one of TripAdvisor Rentals’ nearby accommodations. Enter to win here — acrophobes need not apply.
Featured image of the London Eye courtesy of mattscutt via Getty Images.
H/T: Business Insider
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.