For One Night Only, the London Eye Will Transform One of Its Pods Into a Hotel Room
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From a Finding Dory-inspired night floating on the Great Barrier Reef to a slumber party at Taco Bell, quirky accommodations have been a mainstay of Airbnb’s business. Now, TripAdvisor Rentals is getting in on the fun with its new “Eye Spy A Home In The Sky” contest, which will see one lucky winner and a guest become the first people ever to spend the night in the London Eye. It’s a one-of-a-kind view, to be sure: the one-night-only hotel pod will be perched 443 feet above ground and offer 360-degree views of the city.
The contest is being presented in partnership with online retailer Wayfair, which has taken its design inspiration from a high-end rain forest retreat, so you can expect a glasshouse-style structure with lots of leafy foliage and natural textiles. TripAdvisor’s site describes it as being a roof-top garden with views of London from every angle.
The winner will be announced on March 20, and will hop aboard the London Eye on March 30. In addition to the sky-high stay, the winner and his or her guest will spend three nights at one of TripAdvisor Rentals’ nearby accommodations. Enter to win here — acrophobes need not apply.
Featured image of the London Eye courtesy of mattscutt via Getty Images.
H/T: Business Insider
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.