Aeroflot has a new look, besides new suites in biz class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aeroflot is about to introduce a new business class with enclosed suites on flights to the U.S. — and the airplanes with the new biz product will also look different on the outside. Russia’s flag carrier and Delta Air Lines partner is brightening up the look of its aircraft, with a new livery that will debut soon on the first of its Airbus A350 aircraft.
Currently, Aeroflot’s planes are painted mostly in grey silver. In the new color scheme, the tail remains relatively untouched, as does the typeface of the Aeroflot logo, though it does appear to be larger and more prominently featured. The airline also looks to have kept a bit of its former self in the new paint job, with a silver-colored belly referencing the old livery.
TPG reached out to Aeroflot for more information on the launch of its new livery but did not receive a response by time of publication.
Aeroflot expects to take delivery of the first of its A350s in the first quarter of 2020. The first flight from Moscow Sheremetyevo (SVO) to New York JFK and back is currently planned for March 29, and the debut to London Heathrow (LHR) is scheduled for June. The airline currently serves the popular London route up to seven times daily in the summer season. Currently, those frequencies are operated by Boeing 737 and Airbus A320/A321 aircraft, with one daily frequency using the larger, twin-aisle A330.
The airline has also unveiled plans to operate the A350 to Miami (MIA) and Seoul (ICN).
Inside the A350, passengers can expect a new business-class seat, with suites configured in a 1-2-1 arrangement.
The SkyTeam member is the latest of a number of airlines to unveil updated liveries dominated by white. In the past two years, United Airlines, Lufthansa and SAS have all introduced new predominantly white liveries.
Featured photo by Frenchpainter via Twitter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees