Accor Live Limitless extends points expiration for elite members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The coronavirus pandemic has had a massive impact on travel plans, and although we’re starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, it’ll be some time until things return to normal. As such, airlines and hotels are continuously extending elite status, mileage expiration dates and travel vouchers.
Today, Accor Live Limitless announced exclusively to TPG that it will pause points expiration for all elite members through mid-December 2021.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Accor extends points expiration for elites
At the beginning of the pandemic, Accor paused the expiration of points until Dec. 15, 2020 for Classic members and April 30, 2021 for Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond elites. Starting today, elite members’ points will be valid until at least Dec. 15, 2021.
It’s also worth noting that Accor previously extended elite status through Dec. 31, 2021. Additionally, it rolled over all qualifying nights earned between July and December of 2020 to this year. For Platinum and Diamond members, Suite Night Upgrades originally set to expire at the end of last year were extended to Dec. 31, 2021.
If you’re a general member, you can keep your points from expiring by having activity in your account at least once per year. The easiest way to do this without traveling is by making a purchase through Accor’s online shopping portal. Or, if you have a card like the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, you could transfer Capital One miles transfer to Accor at a 2:1 ratio.
With travel demand is still low, most people aren’t able to redeem their points like they normally do. In response, Accor Live Limitless is extending the validity of rewards points for elite members. While it’s disappointing that the extension doesn’t apply to all members, there are ways to keep your points from expiring if you’re a general member. Accor points are quite valuable (2 cents each based on TPG valuations), so you shouldn’t let them go to waste.
Featured photo courtesy of Fairmont Century Plaza.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees