Accor Live Limitless extends points expiration for elite members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The coronavirus pandemic has had a massive impact on travel plans, and although we’re starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, it’ll be some time until things return to normal. As such, airlines and hotels are continuously extending elite status, mileage expiration dates and travel vouchers.
Today, Accor Live Limitless announced exclusively to TPG that it will pause points expiration for all elite members through mid-December 2021.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Accor extends points expiration for elites
At the beginning of the pandemic, Accor paused the expiration of points until Dec. 15, 2020 for Classic members and April 30, 2021 for Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond elites. Starting today, elite members’ points will be valid until at least Dec. 15, 2021.
It’s also worth noting that Accor previously extended elite status through Dec. 31, 2021. Additionally, it rolled over all qualifying nights earned between July and December of 2020 to this year. For Platinum and Diamond members, Suite Night Upgrades originally set to expire at the end of last year were extended to Dec. 31, 2021.
If you’re a general member, you can keep your points from expiring by having activity in your account at least once per year. The easiest way to do this without traveling is by making a purchase through Accor’s online shopping portal. Or, if you have a card like the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, you could transfer Capital One miles transfer to Accor at a 2:1 ratio.
With travel demand is still low, most people aren’t able to redeem their points like they normally do. In response, Accor Live Limitless is extending the validity of rewards points for elite members. While it’s disappointing that the extension doesn’t apply to all members, there are ways to keep your points from expiring if you’re a general member. Accor points are quite valuable (2 cents each based on TPG valuations), so you shouldn’t let them go to waste.
Featured photo courtesy of Fairmont Century Plaza.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.