AAdvantage 40th anniversary game miles and prizes finally posting
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in April, American Airlines ran a promotion for the 40th anniversary of its AAdvantage loyalty program. Members could play daily and win prizes like bonus miles, Main Cabin Extra coupons and Admirals Club passes. Bonus-mile prizes ranged from 40 miles on the low-end to 4,000 miles on the high-end. Members were also entered to win a grand prize of 1 million miles.
Now, after almost two months of waiting, bonus miles and other prizes from the promotion are being deposited into AAdvantage accounts.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Many TPG staffers — including myself — started to see bonus AAdvantage miles be deposited the weekend of June 29, 2021. You can see your winnings by logging into your American account and checking the My Activity section.
They’re dated as being earned on the last day of the promotion and all winnings show as one transaction.
These miles can be redeemed immediately for travel. They have also extended expiration by 18 months from May 3, so this activity will keep your American miles from expiring for the time being. That said, American has paused mileage expiration through the end of 2021 in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Further, TPG staffers started to see other prizes post to accounts on June 29. This includes Admirals Club passes and preferred seat upgrades. You’ll see these certificates in the Wallet section of your AAdvantage account page.
If your miles or other prizes haven’t posted yet, keep checking your AAdvantage account over the coming days.
It’s great to see bonus miles from American’s AAdvantage promotion be added to winners’ accounts. They come in time for members to plan last-minute summer travel, so make sure to read our complete guide AAdvantage sweet spots for inspiration.
Feature photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees