Upgrade your airport experience this holiday season with 50% off Five Star Service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You don’t need to fly business or first class to book American’s Five Star Service this holiday season. You also won’t need to shell out hundreds of dollars.
For a limited time, American Airlines is making its Five Star Service available for purchase to all customers at a discounted rate of 50% for families or groups of three or more. This promotion will only be available for travel between Nov. 20, and Jan. 10, 2021.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Booking American Airlines Five Star Service for 50% off
American’s Five Star Service usually costs $350 for the first person and $100 for each additional adult. Passengers 17 and under pay just $50. Additionally, it’s usually only available to business and first class passengers. However, the service is going to be much more accessible this holiday season.
Families and groups of three or more travel from Nov. 20 through Jan. 10, 2021 will be able to book Five Star Service for 50% off. Furthermore, American is making the service available for purchase to all customers, regardless of the cabin you’re flying in.
The discounted rate will also be available to those booking with miles. American usually charges 35,000 miles for the first adult and 10,000 miles per additional adult or 5,000 miles per additional child.
To book, call 877-578-2702 and use code Holidays50. If you’re an AirPass member, keep in mind that you can now use your funds toward purchasing the service.
What American Airlines Five Star Service gets you
American Airlines Five Star Service is ideal for travelers who want to make their ground experience more enjoyable and less stressful. It provides extra perks like priority check-in — including access to Flagship First Check-In, where available — expedited security screening, access to the Admirals Club, an escort to and from the gate, pre-boarding, priority re-accommodation during delays and more.
While you can unlock perks like priority boarding with a cobranded credit card, having access to the exclusive Flagship First Check-In area, expedited security and dedicated representative can be extremely valuable. These perks are especially beneficial for families who might need extra help navigating through the airport or those who want to take extra steps to socially distance.
Which airports offer Five Star Service?
Five Star Service is offered at 16 U.S. airports and four international ones. However, only the following U.S. locations are bookable through this promotion:
- Austin (AUS)
- Boston (BOS)
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD)
- Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- New York Kennedy (JFK)
- New York LaGuardia (LGA)
- Philadelphia (PHL)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
Traveling as a family can be stressful – and even more so during the holidays and a pandemic. If you’re planning on traveling in the coming weeks, this promotion can be a great way to alleviate some of that stress.
Featured image by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees