BYO friend: How to use the Delta Sky Club guest passes that now come with Delta Reserve
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The lineup of Delta Amex credit cards has officially been refreshed with new perks, new looks and new benefits. One of the new perks allows Delta Reserve cardholders two Delta Sky Club guest passes as part of its initial card welcome bonus, and then again at each cardmember anniversary.
Cardholders can take advantage of this useful Sky Club benefit while flying Delta. Without the complimentary passes, it would cost the Reserve cardholder $39 per visit to bring a guest.
Application link: Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card earns 50,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first three months. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first three months of card membership. Terms apply.
How to use your Delta Sky Club guest passes
If you already have a Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card or Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card, you may have noticed an email from American Express informing you that your two guest passes are already available for use. You’ll find the guest passes in the voucher section when you log into your Amex account.
You can redeem your Delta Sky Club guest passes by presenting your same-day boarding pass on a Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight along with a government-issued ID at a Delta Sky Club. In order to use the guest passes at the Sky Club, Delta requires that the cardholder and the guest be traveling together.
If your SkyMiles number is associated with your boarding pass, then scanning your Delta boarding pass at a Sky Club may be enough to use your guest passes. If your SkyMiles number isn’t already on your boarding pass, you’ll likely need to provide that number to access the lounge and use your guest passes.
If you have both the personal and small-business versions of the Delta Reserve, you’ll earn four Sky Club guest passes each year. You have one year from the date of issuance to use your guest passes.
If you find that the two annual guest passes from the Delta Reserve cards aren’t sufficient, remember that Delta Sky Club access is also a cardholder benefit for The Platinum Card® from American Express and authorized Platinum card users — when flying on Delta.
There are some solid Delta Sky Clubs in the U.S. and beyond. Not only is it nice to have a place to work, enjoy a drink or eat a snack away from the terminal or boarding gates before your flight, but also when delays or cancellations occur — the staff in the airline lounges can become your new best friends as they help you lock in a new way home.
APPLY NOW: Enjoy Sky Club access and welcome offers on the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.