BYO friend: How to use the Delta Sky Club guest passes that now come with Delta Reserve
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The lineup of Delta Amex credit cards has officially been refreshed with new perks, new looks and new benefits. One of the new perks allows Delta Reserve cardholders two Delta Sky Club guest passes as part of its initial card welcome bonus, and then again at each cardmember anniversary.
Cardholders can take advantage of this useful Sky Club benefit while flying Delta. Without the complimentary passes, it would cost the Reserve cardholder $39 per visit to bring a guest.
Application link: Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card earns 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
How to use your Delta Sky Club guest passes
If you already have a Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card or Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card, you may have noticed an email from American Express informing you that your two guest passes are already available for use. You’ll find the guest passes in the voucher section when you log into your Amex account.
You can redeem your Delta Sky Club guest passes by presenting your same-day boarding pass on a Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight along with a government-issued ID at a Delta Sky Club. In order to use the guest passes at the Sky Club, Delta requires that the cardholder and the guest be traveling together.
If your SkyMiles number is associated with your boarding pass, then scanning your Delta boarding pass at a Sky Club may be enough to use your guest passes. If your SkyMiles number isn’t already on your boarding pass, you’ll likely need to provide that number to access the lounge and use your guest passes.
If you have both the personal and small-business versions of the Delta Reserve, you’ll earn four Sky Club guest passes each year. You have one year from the date of issuance to use your guest passes.
If you find that the two annual guest passes from the Delta Reserve cards aren’t sufficient, remember that Delta Sky Club access is also a cardholder benefit for The Platinum Card® from American Express and authorized Platinum card users — when flying on Delta.
There are some solid Delta Sky Clubs in the U.S. and beyond. Not only is it nice to have a place to work, enjoy a drink or eat a snack away from the terminal or boarding gates before your flight, but also when delays or cancellations occur — the staff in the airline lounges can become your new best friends as they help you lock in a new way home.
APPLY NOW: Enjoy Sky Club access and welcome offers on the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card and Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees